Subject Author Posted Replies

Any idea how to jury rig a dirty water pump to drain the last 3 inches?
Have you ever dealt with a dirty water pump that just wouldn't drain the last few inches? Is there a simple solution? I bought a 1 HP Harbor Freight 69300 dirty water pump to drain a green pool but it...
16
16

Is there a way to slice meat thinly as luncheon meat at home?
At a deli, they use a special meat slicer, but, is there something affordable we can use at home to slice luncheon meat thinly? I have my sister and her kids staying with me for a few months (don't...
73
73

Help - Im stuck inside my truck engine
I was looking down the intake manifold while my Mack truck engine was running, and I got sucked into my engine. Im inside one of the cylinders and that damn piston keeps hitting me in the ass. I think...
4
4

LED Bulbs 2 for $5 at Home Depot
Three month promo. These bulbs will be 2 for $5 starting next month at Home Depot: A new 60-watt equivalent LED bulb from Philips could be what finally convinces you to upgrade your lamps.
9
9

Police Dash Cam Captures Waves Causing Transformer Sparks
ItemFix - Social Video Factory

OT strange charity calls
OT Something that makes me suspicious. Should it? I just got my second call today, and my fourth in about 3 weeks, from someone saying they would have a truck in my n'hood next week and wanting to...
32
32

Walmart plumbing?
Last week Walmart unexpectedly closed 5 stores in cities all over the country. The reason given was that they have plumbing problems. The latest is that they have a lot of water leaks. Can anybody...
49
49

How to connect a round duct to a rectangular vent?
My crawlspace has high humidity and a musty odor. Since it is now warm and sunny outside, I want to vent it out. The idea is to put a 8-inch centrifugal duct fan in the middle of the crawlspace and...
14
14

The refrigerator lady
Monday April 20, 2015, 3:30 PM Got a call this AM, elderly woman who says her refrigerator runs too much, and do I repair refrigerators. Sure, pleased to come out and look at it. I need the unit...
7
7

OT Property taxes
Just got a letter from the city of Milwaukee and I see that the property taxes on my house are going up yet again. Looks like about 5%. The Gov. Walker certainly did not keep his campaign promise of...
130
130

OT: Safety razors
Last weekend I looked in Walmart. Walgreen, Albertson, CVS, etc. for a single blade safety razor. Nary a one anywhere! Surprising! I use a Hydro-5 and the blades are just too expensive. I've been...
12
12

anyone here use... heating loops in concrete driveway/sidewalk?
We're out here in flyover country where the snows are deep and cold, and getting real, real, tired of shoveling out the driveway and clearing the sidewalk. Even with a contractor handling it, that...
47
47

Warning: Chair casters
I discovered this morning, to my dismay, that 'office' chair rollers/casters come in more than one size. The only size at Walmart didn't fit my chair. I ended up attaching it diaginally and put screws...
4
4

Formal Dining Room Ideas
Dining room is the main attraction of every home. Long time ago this concep t was entirely different but the latest trend shows the presence of formal dining room sets in an ideal dining room. Dining...

when to put in new antifreeze\coolant
I have allways changed antifreeze annually but now it is very difficult for me to get under the van. How often do y`all recommend draining and refilling the radiator? Thanks for any reply.
11
11