Subject Author Posted Replies

Home A/C blows warm air
My home A/C was turned on yesterday, and we realized that it blows warm air instead of cold. I did a little bit of investigation and also changed the filter. * The outside unit fan is running, but the...
18
18

Need screen replacement
Standard full back door storm door. I ruined and tossed the frame. Looking to buy a frame and can re-do the screen. I cannot find the steel or whatever square 30x whatever to fit the door. any ideas?...
3
3

Putting metal in a microwave oven
Microwave ovens always say to NOT put metal in them. So I got some of these small cup things from Chef Boyardee which are supposed to be a quick pasta snack. If you have not seen them, they are a...
8
8

Dollar paint brush
I hate cleaning paint brushes, especially when I use an oil based paint. I also dislike cheap brushes as they don't do a very good job. I had to stain and put a couple of coats of polyurethane on my...
10
10

Fans - care and cleaning of motor, oil? Looking for suggestions
I had to upgright? fans that stopped working recently. The motor hummed and the blade tried? to turn. Blowing the motor didnt' help nor did picking out any for matter with tweezers. The blade didn't...
31
31

"me-cast" patio stones/
We had an ornamental "wishing well" that my Dad made for us years ago, and it was getting pretty rough. A good friend retired farmer/handiman saw it's condition and offered to make me a new one over...
2
2

Car AC compressor leak
One of my cars keeps leaking the freon out over a period of about 2 months. I didn't find any obvious leaks and put some dye in a couple months ago. Went to drive the car yesterday and the AC wasn't...
6
6

Typical American Voter
Who cares about a candidates agenda, it's all about their gender or color.
7
7

Washing Machine Pump Leaks
1996 Kenmore 90 series Has anyone here repaired a leaking washing machine pump? What was the cause of the leak? Or is it not worth the effort and I should just replace it?
9
9

anyone ever drill out a lock?
I repair office machines and one of my customers has a rolling cart they lost the key for, and they now want use the stuff in that cabinet..... I tried getting keys from the cabinet supplier but they...
18
18

Sand, portland cement, and gravel calculations
I can purchase one ton of sand for 35 dollars, one ton of gravel for 25 dollars, and one 94 lb bag of portand cement for 10 dollars. How much of each material would I need to mix a yard of my own...
2
2

Gluing rubber to pewter
I have a couple of old laptop stands that I just love. They are perfect for my needs. I've had them for at least 15 years. The past year or so, the little rubber pads on the surface of the stand have...
8
8

Sears pressure washer oil leak
I have a 5.5 HP 2000 PSI model 580.768210. When I pull the starter rope, oil comes out of a oval hose under the flywheel. The hose is comes from the engine block. The last time I used it, it kept...

10/2 amp battery charger
Someone gave me an old car battery charger. 6 volts 10A and 12 volts 2A and 10A, determined by a slide switch. A friend brings over a dead 12v battery. On the charger, on 10A, it charges at 9amps. On...
31
31

OT - Laws not taught in physics
1 . Law of Mechanical Repair - After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee. 2. Law of Gravity - Any tool, nut, bolt, screw, when dropped, will roll...