Subject Author Posted Replies

Sears pressure washer oil leak
I have a 5.5 HP 2000 PSI model 580.768210. When I pull the starter rope, oil comes out of a oval hose under the flywheel. The hose is comes from the engine block. The last time I used it, it kept...

10/2 amp battery charger
Someone gave me an old car battery charger. 6 volts 10A and 12 volts 2A and 10A, determined by a slide switch. A friend brings over a dead 12v battery. On the charger, on 10A, it charges at 9amps. On...
31
31

OT - Laws not taught in physics
1 . Law of Mechanical Repair - After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee. 2. Law of Gravity - Any tool, nut, bolt, screw, when dropped, will roll...

Engine Shops
What's a good way to find a reputable shop to R/R & rebuild an engine? Planning to do the head but if not that much more will do the whole thing. Regular minor repair mechanic doesn't know anyone.
14
14

very easy posting pictures with questions [Imgur.com]
I've found it very helpful posting photos, along with questions requires NO registration simply take a photo put in onto your computer go to and there's an "upload from computer" option put the link...

Need discontinued Armstrong ceiling tile tin ware 906 (2023 Update)
Need discontinued Armstrong ceiling tile tin ware 906
18
18

Rocket Science
MONROEVILLE, PA—Listing off a litany of structural and technological flaws, the nation’s leading aerospace engineers issued a stern warning Thursday that local 6-year-old Bradley Koenig’s design...
1
1

drinking well water
A friend bought a house that is only 2 or 3 years old, with a well. She has a softener, but the water still leaves deposits on the shower door, and on glasses after they're washed. And at the same...
55
55

i am a framing contractor doing a buddy a wiring job
my friend has a 200 amp breaker box in his basement fed underground with 2/0 copper and a 200 amp meter base. can i connect to his line side of his breaker with a 2 lug splitter to feed a 200 amp box...
4
4

self built carport?
I'm interested in build a carport as practice for building two porches. The home owner states that the carport is to be about 22' wide and 26' long. Big enough for a Toyota Rav4 and a Chevy Express...
24
24

Garage Floor Efflorescence
My garage floor looks ugly because of spotty efflorescence, recurring especially in winter. It disappears when I power-wash it but after a few weeks it recurs. I have also washed it with mild acid...
2
2

Maytag oven finally repaired
Done yesterday. Wife could not use oven for ~2 months due to lack of heating element. Dealer said it would take longer but wife called Maytag and they said they would send her part in 5-10 days. When...
6
6

Drill bit sizes
Maybe all of you have seen these before but they were new to me. My large set of drill bits go up in number (down in size) to #60 and I thought that was quite small. Well, the other day in an antique...
6
6

Washing machine has small leak
1996 Kenmore 90 series Wife noticed the rung under the front feet of the washer was wet. I let th e area dry and put 20-25 gal water in the basket (no leak) then spun it dry . No obvious leak. I...

Check connetions and dust first
I finally learned to check these first before jumping into the software or running to the computer store. A good lesson for anyone else interested... I have a board in the PC -- don't remember what...
37
37