3way switch with dimmer

I have a pair of 3-way switches controling a hall light. One of these switches is a dimmer the other is not. I would like to swap the location of these switches (just put the dimmer where the 'standard' 3way switch is and the 'standard' 3way where the dimmer is). Can this be done? In other words does it matter whether the common terminal of the dimmer is connected to the light or to the power source? Will it work either way?

Reply to
Harvey Louzon

Can be done. Three way can be a PITA to get the connections right though. Be sure to mark the colors.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Thanks.

Reply to