Subject Author Posted Replies

California Electricity Rate Proposal
One proposed law would base monthly electricity bills on income. <> Editor’s Note: this article has been updated to include additional billing details. If you earn more, you pay more. That’s the...
1
1

O.T. Getting the Echo dot working again
I moved to a new residence. I can not get my Echo Dot to work again. What do I need to do to get it working again? Thanks, Andy
2
2

Only one EV charger at home?!
"Some products will have the ability to “load share”, which means they will communicate with each if two vehicles are plugged in. In this scenario, they will evenly split the power available so...
833
833

Can we standardize on one two-stroke gas:oil mix or not?
I just replaced the primer bulb in a 2-stroke engine which says it's 50:1 oil mix but I have some that are 32:1 and 40:1 but if I can help it, I don't want to stock three different mixes. If I choose...
2
2

Why do EVs not use the full 3.12kW from a mains socket?
In the UK, "most vehicle manufacturers limit the current drawn from a standard domestic 3 pin socket to 10A or less, which equates to a maximum of 2.3kW." Why? A UK socket is 13A, or 3.12kW.
7
7

Lithium batteries, not worth it
Are you greenies nuts? 3 grand for a battery with the same capacity of two deep cycle lead acid batteries costing £150? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/385430139122Nearly...
265
265

more bathtub woes
Being my own "handyman" due to being out of work has both advantages and disadvantages. Apparently, the bathtub is going to be a disadvantage. Read on please.... Issue number one: The overflow plate...
11
11

Why do they put those stupid bulb carburetor gasoline primers on small engine motors?
Why do they put those stupid bulb primers on small engine motors? I hate small engine bulb gasoline carburetor primers. 1. They break within just a few years of use. 2. When they break, you can't...
10
10

OT. USA Made Cell Phone
Just in case someone is curious there is such a critter. <>. Privacy is supposed to be a high priority for them. Introducing the – Librem 5 USA by Purism Introducing the – Librem 5 USA by Purism
10
10

stuck bolts overflow access bathtub
My bathtub drainage has nearly stopped, so I was going to try removing the overflow cover and run a snake through the line. Trouble is, the overflow cover bolts seem frozen and won't budge. Tried...
23
23

OT. Amazonaws????
My AVG Antivirus keeps blocking that. Good. Does the the Amazonaws have anything at all to do with the actual Amazon website?
7
7

Higher voltage grids can't "feed in" from domestic networks
I saw this statement online: "Higher voltage grids can't "feed in" from domestic networks" - referring to loads of solar in town A not being able to feed power to town B through the HV network. Is...
28
28

Changing the belt on an old GE dryer
I just changed the belt on an old GE dryer one of my kids had. I hadn't done this task before, and some of the youtube videos made it look a little intimidating with all the wires you had to...
2
2

Loaning Tools
From the Babylon Bee. <> Is there a stature of limitations? Adverse possession? SPRINGDALE, AR — A local man planned to spend the next several hours searching online for a new cordless drill after...

OT. Tupperware Shutting Down?
Everyone has a "Tupperware" container or two in the cupboards. <> Tupperware shares fell nearly 50% Monday following a bleak warning that its future is looking murky. Tupperware shares fell nearly 50%...
1
1