OT. Tupperware Shutting Down?

Everyone has a "Tupperware" container or two in the cupboards.

Dean Hoffman

I have competitor's products, that I got because they contained something, like at a supermarket or take-out restaurant, but I doubt if I have any actual Tupperware. The mulitpicity of competitors may be what's hurting them.

30 years ago when I went to north Florida on vacation, we did all the vacation things, Cape Kennedy, Disney World, snorkeling, cattle auction and I was very happy to go to the Food Storage Museum.

I thought it would talk about the history of canning and freezing, etc. instead the waiting room, where we had to wait for 30 minutes, was a nice large room with many clay pots nicely displayed, from even 2000 years ago, and after that it was all Tupperware. All different sizes and shapes, when to me, one size and one shape covers it all, 10 seconds. What a waste of our time, our limited vacation time. There hadn't been a word about Tupperware in the tourist magazine where it gave their address and hours. I was really annoyed. I called them to complain when we got back to our room and I think I wrote them. too.

They changed their name though I didn't keep tabs and I don't know when they did it.

That's not why I don't buy them though. My general plan is to eat everything before it has a chance to spoil.

Reply to
micky