shutting down Swimming pool

To some of you , you may see that this post is done twice...reason why I am posting again is I beleive my filters blocked out the first posting I had made earlier this morning...so I am asking with a different subject line...thank you...

Hello, I have an ABOVE GROUND swim spa/lap pool that I wish to shutdown and drain for about 3-4 months. (leaving contry) I ususally drain the pool once a year to replace with clean water ( TDS issues) the same day so don't have to worry about water going stagnet in the pumps/lines etc. Basically this pool is a huge hot tub (2200 gallons). In hot tubs they make a product called "swirl away" which is used to clean the lines out when draining a hot tub... Is there a product out there to preserve water from going stagnet in the lines of a large spa so I don't get any icky sh*t flying out of the lines when I refill after 3-4 months?...Completly draining the pumps,lines etc is not an option here... Anyone that owns a pool care to comment and has perhaps done this before?....Thank you... Jim

Reply to
Jim

How will you see the replies, if any, to your first post?

Yes, there are three. groups.google.com advanced may be the only way.

Reply to
mm

Then fix your damn filters instead of expecting people to post *twice*.

Damn entitlement generation!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Maybe you should ask about shutting down a hot tub. I had an above ground pool for nearly 10 yrs, although it was in the 18000 gallon range, not

2200. I would shut my pool down every fall, until spring.

Try a local pool outlet, most of them sell hot tubs, as well as swimming pools. They all sell pool closure kits. They should be able to tell you every bit of information you need, instead of seeking out someone through Usenet with the same issues you have. Kinda reminds me like an internet dating service, you're hoping to find the right one. But you won't know it, until you try it. Just contact your local pool outlet....

Have a nice day.

Reply to
Ron