MUD IN Swimming pool

Hello there, I recently had a mudside in my yard and the mud travelled into my vinyl liner swimming pool. The mud has turned the water into a deep brown sort of like a mud pie. I left the filter running all night and backwashed it this morning what came out was brown water. I tried vaccuming but its very ineffective because I cannot see the bottom of the pool. Are there any suggestions? Thankyou in advance.

Reply to
clark251

keep doing what you're doing, it'll clear up

Reply to
RBM

  1. Buy a Kreepy Krauler and let it vacuum the pool for hours and hours, backwashing from time to time to clean the filter. . . .
  2. Get expert advice if your pool store is truly expert. When I had a nonidentical but similar problem the advice was to reduce pH levels to
5, vacuum intensively, then rebalance pH later. It worked, and I was pleased by the KK as well.
Reply to
Don Phillipson

if there is a lot of solid paticles in the water a vacuum with cloth filter bag will help considerably. It will take out the big particles and save your filter from a lot of work.

Reply to
marks542004

neraly forgot, if there is a layer of mud in the bottom , set up a vacuum and pump straight to waste, it will be easier to refill a foot to 18" of water than it would be to clean it through the filter.

Reply to
marks542004

Hello (whatever your name is)

Centrifugal water pumps and mud are not compatible. Impellers don't care much for mud. I worked for years as a industrial mechanic and we had to clean giant cooling towers. These towers became dirty with 4 to 10 inches of mud (approximately.) I say mud but it was like a mud soup. Many different pumps were used and many of them failed. Finally they switched to "sludge-pumps" and the problem was over. Since you said that the water is so muddy that you can't see the bottom I can only assume that you have a lot of mud in your pool. Do yourself and your pool equipment a favor and go to a rental yard and rent a sludge pump. Many sludge pumps are gasoline or air (pneumatic) driven and use a diaphragm to pump debris and sludge. They can move sludge like no other pump can.

Jeb

Reply to
Jebediah Kornworthy

All that mud will also screw up the chlorine load. When you can begin to see the bottom start shocking the pool to reestablish the chlorine level. May have to be done several times

A flocculant might help

it might also help to vaccuum to waste instead of having all that dirt go thru the filter. Replace any water lost with clean water.

Reply to
jmagerl