Subject Author Posted Replies

California to require solar
on houses, apartments, etc. Us rubes will just have to admire all those advanced people way out west.
13
13

OT. 30,000 Big Macs
One man. Forty six years.

Pipe cutter replacement cutter wheel...
Have a 60+ yr-old pipe cutter (Craftsman) of grandfather's that is very good but obviously no longer listed as having replacement parts for...I broke the cutter wheel yesterday and the locals have...
18
18

Older workers face paying Jeremy Hunt's 'care tax'
On 6 May 2018, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote (in article): As much as they can. It is what Tories do.
4
4

Centrak Ontario Wind Stoem
We had a DANDY windstorm yesterday that did some pretty extensive damage up here in Ontario. Official wind speeds were recorded as 122kph at CYKF while unnoficial windspeeds of about 140kph were...
3
3

With no letup in home prices, the California exodus surges
and yet California has a booming economy
5
5

LENGTHENING MY FRONT DOOR
1. Measure accurately 2. Cut the wood 3. Glue and nail Any questions?

Deadbolt stuck in locked position. Removed all parts and it is still stuck.
Hello, The deadbolt lock broke when I tried unlocking it. When I unscrewed it I noticed a few small pieces fell out which i couldn't figure out how to put back in. I putting a flat head and turning...

Rental company wants details.
As far as I can tell that describes Micky's entire life.
20
20

closet sliding doors?
Hi All, I maintain a small apartment complex. One of the most consistent problems we have is with closet sliding doors. They simply don't hold up to the caliber of the tenants. We get holes in the...
8
8

Looking for Faucet Aerator Adapter Sizing
According to Typical regular size for a faucet aerator is 15/16" male threaded or 55/64" female threaded, while junior size is 13/16" male threaded or 3/4" female threaded. I have a 13/16" junior male...

Electric Arc Welder: How Big/Small Needed?
Aren't there any welding shops in your area? A business that makes the odds and ends that people need from time to time and fixes stuff? Are power outages frequent enough that you'd want a back up...
18
18

Speeding up a stairlift
Every old person I know with a stairlift is pissed off at how slow they go. Does anyone have experience of making these things go a bit faster? I mean picture an old person trying to get downstairs to...
2
2

Britain's got talent
Fantasy magic Well worth seeing

"Breeze block"
I was surprised the other day when a tradesman called a concrete block a "breeze block". I always thought (and the dictionary agrees) that a breeze block is a lightweight block made of cinder, not a...