Pipe cutter replacement cutter wheel...

Have a 60+ yr-old pipe cutter (Craftsman) of grandfather's that is very good but obviously no longer listed as having replacement parts for...I broke the cutter wheel yesterday and the locals have nothing of proper dimensions in stock.
I found a Ridgid replacement wheel a few years ago by matching OD/ID that was thicker that a plumbing-supply had on the shelf. It was thicker than the opening so had to grind off a little from each side to fit; unfortunately, that also removed the Ridgid part number and I didn't think to write it down.
Now I can't find anywhere I can find a list of specifications of OD/ID for cutters to try to match and the above supply house is no longer in town...
Anybody got ideas on how to do a search...the cutter is roughly 1" OD with a 5/16" pin for ID...the Ridgid site is essentially useless for parts it seems; all it does it run me around in circles of a parts list for a specific cutter which doesn't show the cutter wheel; says it's on a replacement cutters list which if go to that search result after about twenty redirects takes you back to the same top-level product...never did find an actual replacement cutter.
Similar for Reed or others; a whole list by part but no list by sizes to find a cross...

On 5/6/2018 9:34 AM, dpb wrote: ...

OK, just went and fetched...
OD 1-5/32" ID 5/16" T 1/4" (thick, as noted the existing was >1/4", that's fixable)

On 5/6/2018 10:02 AM, dpb wrote:

And, depth of cutting flange (max wall thickness capacity) is 1/4"

On 5/6/2018 10:22 AM, Jumbo Jim wrote: ...

And I'd have a new but much less well-built one, yes...but more importantly, it wouldn't be grandfather's.

On 05/06/2018 11:44 AM, dpb wrote:

Maybe one of these?
https://www.mcmaster.com/#pipe-cutting-wheels /qigiu
On 05/06/2018 09:22 AM, Jumbo Jim wrote:

And you'll wish you hadn't... My experience with HF pipe cutters is they are much better at lightly threading the pipe than cutting it.
On 5/6/2018 12:36 PM, rbowman wrote:

Yeah, there's more to making one than just mounting a roller in a handle...if they don't run true your description is an apt one.
On 5/6/18 9:34 AM, dpb wrote:

I bet you've already looked on Ebay for a similar cutter.
On 5/6/2018 12:23 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote: ...

Yeah, lots of 'em and undoubtedly there's one or more that would work; problem is there's no way to search by size and all of the listings I looked at didn't even provide the data so unless I can cross-reference a part number can't find appropriate particular needle out of the haystack full.

On 5/6/2018 9:34 AM, dpb wrote:..
OK, did find a listing that a Ridgid 1A/2A pipe cutter has the right OD/ID but are 7/16" T -- I'm thinking that's what I must have had before and can live with it if have to; would be cat's meow if could find same diameters but thinner so not so much modification needed...

order 2 : )
On 5/7/2018 2:39 AM, Uncle Monster wrote: ...

It's not a big deal to grind off the excess width; I'd not call in favors from my machinist buddies in town for such a mundane task, save them for something really can't do... :)
I did buy a set (used but look in decent shape) of 6 off of eBay for $3/ea including shipping on a flyer that they are correct--listing closed before had time to hear back on actual dimensions but said were for the Ridgid 1A/2A which are right diameter, just thicker and almost certainly the same as the one just broken...
I'll keep poking around and see if can find one that does match but if these are what think they are I'll undoubtedly have enough for my lifetime... :)
While poking around, I did see a used Ridgid cutter at a heckuva a deal price so have a bid in just to have a backup...we'll see if it comes through, another day on it before closes but a Ridgid with still near pristine paint for under HF price can't turn down... :)

On 5/7/2018 10:17 AM, Uncle Monster wrote: ...

I was fortunate to grow up on the farm with paternal grandparents' house 100 yds away...grandfather passed when about 12 so was long enough to know well. Maternal grandparents were about as far away from SW KS to "the valley" in S TX as yours from 'Bama to NY -- they moved there in the 30s and were part of the initial citrus production there. Only saw them a few times on rare visits; with both farming, getting away was difficult...

On 5/7/2018 8:31 AM, dpb wrote: ...

Well, they're the right OD but for 3/8" roller pin, not 5/16"... :(
So, still looking...the lack of anybody publishing dimensions is a real pit(proverbial)a(ppendage)
On 05/19/2018 07:54 AM, dpb wrote:

Can you bush the pin? 5/16 ID x 3/8 OD bronze bushings exist but finding one locally would be a trick. Maybe some of the thin wall brass tubing that hobby shops carry would work.
On 5/19/18 8:54 AM, dpb wrote:

A farmer fix would involve a 3/8" drill bit. That would mess up the aesthetics even if there is enough material.
On 5/6/2018 10:34 AM, dpb wrote:

For the love of God, mount your grandfather's 60+ yr-old pipe cutter (Craftsman) on a plaque and hang it on the wall of your shop.  Then go buy a Rigid pipe cutter to cut your pipes.
If your grandfather left you a mint 60-year-old car, you wouldn't use it as a daily driver, would you?
On 5/19/18 8:34 PM, Jack wrote:

Part of dpb's quest is the simple challenge. It's a bit like crossword puzzles, Sudoku, and the like.