Speeding up a stairlift

Every old person I know with a stairlift is pissed off at how slow they go. Does anyone have experience of making these things go a bit faster? I mean picture an old person trying to get downstairs to answer the doorbell, shouting "just a minute!" or more precisely "just an hour!"

I know they don't want to be going so fast as they'd fall off, but the things have f****ng seatbelts on them anyway! There'd be no harm in making them go walking speed, with a gradual start.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

replying to Jimmy Wilkinson Knife, Gene R wrote: If you are trying to use the bathroom on a different floor you could wet yourself by the time you travel one flight of stairs. I think one or two miles per hour is a reasonable speed to expect from a chairlift.

Reply to
Gene R

replying to Jimmy Wilkinson Knife, Goslow wrote: The configuration of the rail for a curved stairlift is key. The first Ascending string has to be long enough to reach the first landing In one piece and the same applies to the descending one to the first landing then it requires just one curved piece to join the two. The seat shouldn’t tip over the stairs which feels quite alarming. Lazy installers looking to save money will just use a standard length rail and just add pieces of rail to fit which slows down the seat if not stop It altogether at each intersection making the ride excruciatingly slow.

Reply to
Goslow