REMEMBER, empty MOON LAUNCH tomorrow 8:30 AM ET.

REMEMBER, empty MOON LAUNCH tomorrow 8:30 AM ET.

Reply to
micky

I had a doctor's appt this morning and wouldn't have been able to watch it.

I called in a favor and had one of the techs cause a small fuel leak to delay the launch. When the appt ran longer than expected, I called in another favor and had a different tech screw up the engine pre-cooling process.

I've still got a few favors left, but I hope to be able to let the launch happen later this week.

I apologize for any inconvenience that I caused.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

Dean Hoffman

They're using Space Shuttle rockets to make this thing go.

Dean Hoffman

umm...yeah...I know that.

(Remember, I have contacts at NASA that do favors for me.)

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

Do you know people in the British Navy?

I've seen this other places so it's really broken. The aircraft carrier HMS Prince Of Wales has propeller shaft problems.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Any idea where those SRB's are being built ? Any chance it's Thiokol's Wasatch division out in Utah ? I worked there when these were being built , And I was on the crew that poured the propellant into the boosters for that first flight ... what a thrill !

Reply to
Snag

I do, but ...

... I don't call in favors which could cause an unsafe condition. It's not like I had the techs do something dangerous. I just delayed the launch a few days.

Like Neil deGrasse Tyson said after my plan succeeded, "Better that it gets scrubbed than explode on the launch pad."

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

The last article I ran across said one the ship's two propeller shafts wasn't properly lubricated. I'd hate to be the guys who were supposed to take care of that.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Yeah, I hate when the shaft's not properly lubricated.

Who knows...maybe it's an automated system that malfunctioned.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

Weather permitting, it's go at 2:17 EDT for Artemis. Set your alarm clock.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

... exactly as I planned it.

To be more precise, the 2 hour launch window opens at 14:17 EDT or, in NASA speak, 18:17 GMT/UTC

And it's not just "weather permitting."

Melody Lovin is a launch weather officer:

["The weather continues to still look pretty good for the launch attempt on Saturday," Lovin said. "I do not expect weather to be a show-stopper by any means for either launch window."

Still, she added, the odds of scrubbing a launch on any given day for weather or any reason were about one-in-three.]

Melody, a dear friend, is including me in that one-in-three.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

Whoops...It wasn't me this time.

Let's hope things go better on Labor Day.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson