2nd copy of car keys and fob?

When it's even MORE fun is when you buy the very same vehicle, off the first guy's lot - from the second dealer (on a dealer trade). That REALLY burns 'em!!.

Reply to
clare

Good advice.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

Similarly I haven't had a problem with a 1500 cc Yaris. It's an automatic and on the long mountain passes I'll drop to 3rd. It pulls them at the legal 80 mph speed but tends to hunt between 3rd and 4th if the grade flattens a bit.

As far as cars go I've had I4's, I6's, V6's, I8's. and V8's. They all got me where I was going.

Reply to
rbowman

Ralph Mowery posted for all of us...

I tell the dealer what WE want and let them do a dealer search. Settle on price and they acquire it off the other dealer. Go to two different local dealers as sometimes dealers have different sources.

Reply to
Tekkie®

+1 Seems like most manufacturers offer turbos. Nothing beats the boot in the butt when merging...
Reply to
Tekkie®

Yes, thank you. I found it on my own after your prompting. I love the location of the ignition key slot.

Reply to
Tekkie®

On Mon 31 Jul 2017 12:02:47p, Tekkie? told us...

Mass produced for the most part. But we did one better, and did not accept any car off any dealer's lot. We were ready to walk until the dealership's general manager made a calll to the factory. The was that we did want the leather seats, but we did not want the V-6 engine. We had also specifiede virtually option that could be had. The color we wanted was the factory's lowest priority on requested colors. The agreement they arrivd at included all our wants and needs, and nothing we didn't want. They put the order in at the beginning of the productioin line and, in effect, we will end up with a "cusom" built car. This reminded me ofthe 1970s when you could custom order a car exactly the way you wanted it.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

On Mon 31 Jul 2017 12:05:38p, Tekkie? told us...

The car we ordered is a 2.4L turbo DOHC. It will have enough kick for us.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

I am glad you were able to do that. Had I been after the 2018 year car I probably could have done that, or searched around and waited a while as I did not need to trade as the car was in great shape and had just over

30,000 miles on it.

However the 2018 is so ugly we did not want that one, the 2017 is not that much better, but the 18 will probably be around for about 3 or more years as it was a major design change for Toyota. The 17 is out of production I am sure, so have to take what is out there. The main reason to trade is there is a 0% finance option. I could afford to buy it without financing, but why not take advantage of the 7 year 0 % and 'make' about 3 or 4 thousand off the deal if the stock market keeps going up ?

I remember getting a 1972 Dodge ordered like I wanted. Last time I had a chance to do that. Got married and had to settle for what we could afford for a number of years.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

It will have roghly the same "kick" as a 4.6 liter V8

Reply to
clare

On Mon 31 Jul 2017 08:25:47p, told us...

Thank you!

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright