Kids in Utah, Geezers in Maine

Median age in Utah is 29.20. It's 42.70 in Maine. I never would've thought there would be such a difference.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Interesting. I'd have thought Florida would be about 78. The northeast is high though.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

On Sat 22 Jul 2017 07:39:00p, Ed Pawlowski told us...

It ranges from 24.2 to 43.7 (by zipcode) in the greater Phoenix area. I'd have thought it to be higher here due to the number of retirees. Although there are thousands of snowbirds who are probably not counted in those figures.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Utah has the Mormons and their tendency toward big families. SLC has also become sort of a LA East and probably attracts younger people.

There's not much in Maine to hold the kids. When I lived there in the late '70s the local independent paper went with the front cover headline "If You're So Good What Are You Doing In Maine?" The town I lived in had been a carpet manufacturing area. When the mills went south anybody with half a brain left. We moved our manufacturing there to take advantage of the cheap labor but you get what you pay for.

Reply to
rbowman

The 2 youngest towns with population over 10,000 are Kiryas Joel NY, median age 11.4 and Lakewood NJ, median age 19.0.

catalpa