Subject Author Posted Replies

Toro self-propelled lawnmower: front wheels lock up when pulled in reverse
I have a Toro self-propelled lawnmower. The drive is via the front wheels. Last month, i noticed that (when the clutch is not engaged), it became ridiculously difficult to pull the mower backwards....
2
2

GE 5BC48JB642A
Need assembly diagrams! I have rings or seals I dont know where they went. Pics did not take when I thought they were. Help Please! Thanks

How do self supporting shelves work?
How can these possibly stay up? https://img1.etsystatic.com/013/0/6972450/il_570xN.458470473_deha.jpg https://img1.etsystatic.com/013/0/6972450/il_570xN.458470473_deha.jpg
15
15

cieling fan maker
it's 5blade 52" with 4 lights, the glass around the bulbs are 6 sided with metal strips in each corner, label says Taiwan R,O.C. manufacture number 5A0 0040 serial number 551538, have done searches...
1
1

OT. Middle Class ?
Roughly 90% of Americans say they are in some range of it. <> Being in the middle doesn’t mean what it used to. Being in the middle doesn’t mean what it used to.
15
15

OT Geology/petroleum question
OT Is it really possible, anywhere, to shoot a shotgun and find oil deposits so close to the surface that the gunshot lets the oil out? I ask because someone told me that the people on The Beverly...
7
7

Quietest whole house generator?
Hi All, I does not look like I will be able to find a fuel cell whole house backup generator for about five more years, so I am thinking of going piston. Anyone have a recommendation for a natural gas...
11
11

Is it possible to set up a security camera outdoors over wifi for around fifty to a hundred bucks?
Is it possible to set up a security camera outdoors over wifi for around fifty to a hundred bucks? I don't want to spend a lot. But I'd like to have a closed circuit camera. I guess it would be event...
16
16

Shortage of Auto mechanics
On one of the auto forums people were complaining about the long wait to get appointments for car service. Some are over 2 months. Seems like many young kids today are opting to go to college and get...
105
105

Sealing the driveway ...
We just recently got a bid to have our driveway sealed and we wanted to know if the numbers were reasonable. Sealing: Approx 4,000 sq ft to be sealed. $800 Cracks: Approx 60 linear ft. of cracks to be...
4
4

Question about Garrmin? Ed?
I'm still optimistic about fixing my car's map, but even if I do, I expect problems finding my next car with a similar in-dash map plus everything else I want. And rather than some other feature,...
21
21

OT WiFi
Is there a good iPhone app that lists available WiFi signals, owner, channel and strength. Mostly looking for channels used by house WiFi.
31
31

Hot days cause water burns
Hot days cause burns on your hand from water from a garden hose. Heard about this on the tv/radio and by golly, it's possible: don't know why it is, but apparently the younger the child the more...

Toyota map DVD can't be read.
DVD can't be read, what to do? Toyota Solara with Navigation, which means map DVD. Two or 3 years ago, occasionally I'd get an error message when car first started so radio first tries to read the...
32
32

OT: Need Contact Info for Student Loan Forgiveness
In 1966 when I was in college, I applied for and was granted a student loan. Per the terms of the loan agreement, after I graduated and had a job, I started repaying it. In a couple of years, I'd paid...
61
61