Subject Author Posted Replies

Pence on Mackinac (2023 Update)
He should take a heavy armored bicycle. While I am a Republican and support Trump, I still think if there is a no cars rule for the public, then the VP or anyone else should either observe that rule...
24
24

Need to order one long replacement beam for deck, who delivers?
Hi, I need to replace one rotten wooden beam on my outdoor deck. The Beams are 1-1/5, by 5-1/5 by length that is much longer than my car. There is a lowes and home depot in my town but I prefer to...
9
9

Part for Lakewood Kool Operator floor fan
Need feet for Lakewood Operator Fan. Help. Who to contact to order. This is a floor fan. https://www.homeownershub.com/img/ithttps://www.homeownershub.com/img/iu...

alternatives to roof gutter on a shed?
Hi, Just built a 9x16 shed, raised up 12" on sonotube foundations at the corners and middle. I'm hoping to avoid adding a rain gutter because I hate cleaning the leaves out of it. Neighbors suggested:...
4
4

seal wood
I have a staircase which is under direct sun light (through glass window). After 20 years, the top coat is gone. Usually, when finishing wood, one would applied a coat of sealer to seal pores on the...
1
1

Flourescent bulb whines
I have a Sylvania 75w CFL fluorescent bulb that makes a high-pitched whine when it is on. I could understand a 60hz or even 120hz hum, but what could possibly make a high-pitched whine? Otherwise it...
8
8

Maytag gas range problem
You should have hit SEND right after your first sentence ;-)
10
10

Alternative to Vinyl Downspout Extentions
IDK, what vinyl product you're using. I have both the 4" corrugated round flexible black pipe as well as some smaller green flexible ones that have a rectangle end that fits the downspouts. Used both,...
8
8

OT: Power Inverter
If you don't draw more power from it, the "overhead" of the larger inverter is marginally more than a smaller one.
4
4

Homeadvisor and Angies list
A few years ago I used Home Advisor for a roof. Within a few hours I was contacted by 4 companies. We set up time and dates and all 4 showed up at their appointed time. I had quotes from about $ 8500...
6
6

OT credit card holds by rentacar companies
On Wed, 18 Sep 2019 07:48:30 -0400, micky wrote: I remember you asking part A, for sure
11
11

OT toughest 2 minutes ..
We were happy to be in attendance, in Oshawa Ontario, on Saturday, to witness this new world record : " The toughest 2 minutes in sports " is now approaching an incredible 1:10 ! John T.

Move deck
Are you a total idiot?
15
15

drill bit stuck in drill
I have a Hypertough brand hammer drill I have owned for the past three years. It has seen occasional use, and has done a great job, and not very expensive: after using it with a 1/4" bit to drill into...
7
7

small square with an arrow pointing to the upper right corner
On a webpage, what does a small square with an arrow pointing to the upper right corner mean? It's used on Google translate when one has entered a url instead of words. And a Maryland state url said...
5
5