small square with an arrow pointing to the upper right corner

On a webpage, what does a small square with an arrow pointing to the upper right corner mean?

It's used on Google translate when one has entered a url instead of words.

And a Maryland state url said it would mean the browswer was out of date.

And in a newspaper column link, it's a symbol that just goes with "View Converstiion, but seems to have no special meaning.

Reply to
micky

Another slow day at the asylum?

Reply to
trader_4

In windows speak (like media player) it means go full screen.

Reply to
gfretwell

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Reply to
Harold Oldsmobile

Well, the last one, View conversation..., is sort of like that.

And I guess google translate is a little bit like that.

Reply to
micky

. . . I think it means . . . . . . in the always totally universally standard meaning of global internet stuff - " move your curser over it and read " .. but I might be wrong ... it happened once .. John T.

Reply to
hubops