Subject Author Posted Replies

Mouse entry gaps above gutter under shingles.
2nd time I've had to deal with this problem.
1
1

Let me know ...
Type "" into your browser address bar and let me know where it takes you . You might be surprised ... Or maybe not . I was .
19
19

OT? Forensic Files
I recently retired so have plenty of time. Headline News has the show Forensic Files. It's amazing what crime investigators can do. One show involved the old floppy discs for computers. The suspect...
61
61

1.5 gal rubbermaid container woe
Ordered a pair of these a couple of weeks back: Lid fit tightly on the one, but not the other so returned it last week. New one arrived, same problem. Although tighter than the prior container because...
4
4

OT: Area 51
Is this sign real? Google Maps Google Maps Google Maps
19
19

OT: Attracting a deer using a harp
A deer turned my harp session turned into a Disney movie. Song is "The Sound of Silence", by Simon & Garfunkel. Harp is the Fullsicle, by Harpsicle. Deer is startled. Support this channel on Patreon...
14
14

ponds
Interesting lesson that 4 of my neighbors have learned about ponds. Right now the last one remaining is being filled in. Original home owners thought they could take advantage of the stream going...
4
4

Ring Around the Toilet
If you don't scrub/disinfect the toilet bowl often enough, a dark ring- bacteria, I assume- forms right around the top of the waterline. Why there?
4
4

Repair parts from H F
On Fri, 28 Aug 2020 03:40:59 -0700 (PDT), herb white wrote: You might consider picking up the phone and calling your local H.F. and asking them. Your local store might endeavor to look-up your huge...
7
7

advance excerpts from his speech.
“At no time before have voters faced a clearer choice between two parties, two visions, two philosophies, or two agendas,” Mr. Trump plans to say, according to advance excerpts from his speech....
1
1

first time changing car oil in two decades, question
I know this is offtopic here, but I posted in some auto groups but doesn't look like they're very active. Due to Covid, for the first time in two decades, I changed my own oil today on my Ford Taurus,...
28
28

OT. Rock, Paper, Scissors
Day is today, August 27. <> Remember that game? It's free to play and can be played almost everywhere, anytime as long as there are three people. World Rock Paper Scissors Day - The World Rock Paper...
3
3

USPS shrink wrapping pickup mailboxes
The USPS has shrinked wrapped a mailbox for outgoing mail next to my apartments. Has anyone else seen this? Now, the closest place to drop off mail is at the post office 5 miles away. The guy running...
25
25

USPS package late
My ebay item was probably mailed first class usps, was supposed to come Saturday, but Tuesday still had not come. Tuesday morning at midnight, they already knew it wouldn't be here on Tuesday. :: Aug...
16
16

Cement work
I decided to re-purpose my old basement darkroom. Bought two, 50# bags of cement to more or less level the floor. Sort of bragging to the young woman next door to me that I can still lift 50# bags at...
36
36