Repair parts from H F

Has anyone ever purchased repair parts from harber freight? I have a $200 item with a burnt out motor.I wonder if it is worth trying to repair.

Reply to
herb white

What item specifically?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

A 1500lb hoist for lifting the front end of a riding mower

Reply to
herb white

No experience there, but surprised the hoist would cost $200 at HF. Another option is if the motor can be identified you may be able to buy one elsewhere, eg Ebay.

Reply to
trader_4

You might consider picking up the phone and calling your local H.F. and asking them.

Your local store might endeavor to look-up your huge purchase history and decide to bend-over-backwards to keep you a happy camper ? .. whereas the store in Tujunga or Irondequoit may have different customer service standards .. just sayin' John T.

Reply to
hubops

Yep - but order a larger motor - so it doesn't burn out when using it to lift the car .. ;-) John T.

Reply to
hubops

Do you know yet if they sell the motor?

And yes, you might get the motor on ebay, or elsewhere on the web.

What made it burn out? Cheap motor? You overloaded it? ??

Reply to
micky

Generally repair parts are NOT available unless it is a close enough clone of some brand name tool and the part is available through them.

Reply to
Clare Snyder