Subject Author Posted Replies

Keep-Right inducer blower
Back in 2003 I had a new 80+ Tempstar (same as Keeprite) furnace installed - and had the neighbour's installed at the same time. 2 years later mine developed a squeek in the inducer and no-one had one...
1
1

OT. Digital Art
I can add this to the long list of things that make no sense to me. <>69 million dollars The first purely digital work sold by an established auction house brings blockchain into the world of fine...
4
4

Re: Can't get carpet attachment off vacuum hose
21 years later, brilliant answers, use a hairdryer...works a treat.
8
8

OT. Babies in Bombers
An article talking about maternity flight suits. In the Onion or the Babylon Bee? <>This was September of 2020. WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Ohio – Comfort and safety are two priorities for an...

Straight tape lines
I need to paint some stripe lines on a wall and doing some research I found some great ideas on placing tape on the wall (3M or Frog) and then painting over the edge with the base-color, polyurethane...
15
15

Fun Facts, wired earbuds
Fun Facts If you wind the cord from your earbuds into a circle, they always get tangled when you try to use them. If you fold them over and over until they're short enough to put where you want them,...
23
23

OT. FEB '21 Web News Ratings
<> Google #1. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ev6vQsKVkAM1JAG?format=jpg&name=medium https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ev6vQsKVkAM1JAG?format=jpg
2
2

OT: Beware of Alexa
has anyone noticed the "random" letters on those links are usually naughty? Toyota announced they're adding Amazon Alexa as a feature in some of their cars, but will it be as convenient and helpful as...
3
3

OT. New Search Engine?
First paragraph of article. "You may remember Brendan Eich. He was the brilliant mind behind JavaScript who co-founded Mozilla, and then was forced out as an early victim of cancel culture over his...
2
2

TANDEM BREAKER WITH DUAL VOLTAGE 15/20 TO WIRE TWO DIFFIRENT CIRCUITS.
Can A dual voltage tandem breaker be installed to power up to different circuits? 15/20 .
1
1

Stupid Kalifornia Low-Flow Kitchen Faucets - Peerless from Amazon
Finally replaced our ancient wall-mounted kitchen faucet with a nice shiny new Peerless from Amazon. The problem is that due to Kalifornia's water-saving requirements it takes half a minute to fill...
65
65

soil terraces
The wife wants me to terrace a small 100 foot hillside with about 5 runs. So I google and find ideas for soil (no retaining wall) contour terracing. But why do they always say start from the bottom...
3
3

Fuel for world?s largest fusion reactor ITER is s
In on Fri, 5 Mar 2021 12:50:22 +0000, Bod
1
1

Locating an Underground Sprinkler Valve
I have an underground sprinkler valve that no longer works and I am unable to locate it. Any ideas?
3
3

OT Large van in traffic accident
OT Does anyone know, a large van was in a traffic accident in California with 25 passengers iirc and about 12 were killed, and they were all illegal aliens, except the driver I suppose. How did they...
24
24