Locating an Underground Sprinkler Valve

I have an underground sprinkler valve that no longer works and I am unable to locate it. Any ideas?

Reply to
blusby

A metal detector might work if the plastic valve has stainless steel hose clamps.

Shove a metal electrician's fish tape down the plastic sprinkler pipe and trace it with a metal detector?

Reply to
Hal Bundy

Some suggestions here:

One suggestion was dousing. Some farmers I knew could do it for finding a place to dig an irrigation well. It seemed to work but my area is over the Ogallala Aquifer. It could well have been luck.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

An electrically operated valve? They have fox and hound signal tracers that you could connect to the wire at the timer/controller and trace it. IDK how much a cheap one is on Ebay, etc. Or you may be able to rent one. Or call some lawn sprinkler guy and ask how much. It should be in a box with a cover and if you have an idea where that is, then it's pretty easy to find without the above.

Reply to
trader_4