Subject Author Posted Replies

Samsung Smart TV no longer defaults to HDMI input.
I have a Samsung Smart TV (UN50NU6950FXZA) which just started acting up. When powering on it no longer defaults to the HDMI input coming from the cable DVR box. The TV now defaults to the Samsung TV...
37
37

Heating and reusing asphalt
I have to patch a few areas at edge of my asphalt driveway that cracked off. 10+ years ago put similar asphalt chunks in a couple of aluminum trays in an old BBQ to 300F, and then placed and compacted...
5
5

BRIGGS AND STRATTON Quiet Muffler
I am looking for a replacement muffler for our 5 hp Troybuilt tiller. But I don't want a standard replacement, I want something to make it very quiet or as quit as practical or possible (practicable)....
2
2

Cactusjack (with no space between words) is a jerk…..get a life!!!
Cactusjack (with no space between words) is a jerk…..get a life!!! I had same issue in 2021 and answers helped. Thumbs up!!!!

Copper pipe sanity check, please
I need to replace a water shut-off valve below my kitchen sink. I see that valves come made to fit on either 1/2" or 5/8" pipe. When I measure the copper intake pipe with my (not very accurate)...
23
23

OT. 6/6/1944. D Day
A GI ended up with his picture all over France. <> The night before D-Day, as he invasion fleet was crossing the English Channel, President Roosevelt broadcast to the nation the news.
5
5

PVC for water main?
Hello all, I have been searching on the Internet to find out if I can use PVC to replace my resting steel main water line. So far nothing definitive came out. I live in San Jose California, so cold...
9
9

Drier plug ark and have no power
I was taking off drier plug and it sparked real bad. Light's went out in bathroom right beside it and dinner room and kitchen. Rest of house is good. It has fuse panel. Check the fuses and they are...
15
15

Washing Machine Water Supply Hose Replacement
I'm replacing the water supply hoses on my washer with stainless steel braided hoses. I notice some models have a 90 degree elbow at one end of the hoses. Do these restrict the flow any? I'm also not...
10
10

Samsung TV & soundbar
Hi all, U Tube has decided that my 6 yr old LG 55" tv is not a smart tv (whatever that is) LG has confirmed this. It had a doa connection for the sound bar when I hooked one up about 18 months...
15
15

Water pressure pump keeps turning on
Lately the water pressure pump keeps turning on frequently. Like every half hour. And it stays on for a long time. I thought there was a leak somewhere of water. So last night I turned off that...
31
31

Why is this so hard.
I want to post pics of door. I have pic on samsung galaxy s7. Clueless. Please help. I know i need to link because this is text in google groups.
6
6

Anchor Hocking versus Pyrex oven save glass measuring cups
Do you have a preference? Why? Walmart sells Anchor Hocking. Bed Bath & Beyond sells Pyrex. Maybe due to the store (or not?) Walmart is cheaper. Bed Bath & Beyond is more than double the price. If...
31
31

OT: ATTN: Rod Speed: Alexa et al listen in on you.
Is it true that your phone listens to your private conversations? We conducted a small test to find out.
8
8

OT. Ford's First Quadricycle Ride
On this date in 1896 Henry Ford took the first ride in his version of a horseless carriage. <> The funny part is he couldn't get it out of the shed. He took an ax to widen the door.
1
1