Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Panama canal when viewed from a ahip
top of this article has a 30-second but imo terrific video of going through part of the Panama Canal. I don't know if every NYT article has a paywall or not, of if they still give so many free...

Replying disabled already?
A few days ago I posted to this group concerning the recent ggroups announcement. I now have to decide which service to use BUT google is helping me decide! FYI They do not seem to be able to stop me...

Android OBDII software
I've been using an old HF $15 wired OBDII tester for a decade or more, but when I scanned a friend's car for her today, her neighbor came over to see what the commotion was, and then he came back to...
13
13

Installing Old Work B618R Electrical Box
Hi, I installing an outdoor dusk-to-dawn LED floodlight on my garage. The garage has siding, and on the inside of the garage, I have removed sheet rock behind where I plan to install the light...
18
18

Why did I want this feature in the first place.
A while ago I bought a new toilet seat with all the latest features. Easy to remove for cleaning. Won't slam down and wake other people. Can't pinch your fingers between the seat and whatever. What...
15
15

google announcement of non-compatibility with USENET from Feb 24?
Sorry if I am a bit late to the party but does anyone know what this is supposed to mean please? Is a USENET group (that i am accessing with google groups?) Will I have to start using Thunderbird...
18
18

OT. Top Ten Hated Highways
Three of them are in California. <> Three highways in California ranked among the worst-regarded roads in the country, according to a new survey. Roads in Pennsylvania and Colorado rounded out the top...
15
15

ping - Clare - brake issues
I have a 2004 Sienna that seems to have continuous problems with irregular braking. It just always seems to brake irregullarly after the brakes warm up. It get a periodic pulsing to the braking force...

They're coming for your lawnmower
In article , says... I doubt that most if not all that vote for the battery powered equipment have ever mowed the lawn or trimmed the hedges and other things that the...
4
4

Permit nightmare: S.F. homeowner's 'absurd' journey to build a bacony
On Sun, 17 Dec 2023 00:12:02 -0000 (UTC), "Leroy N. Soetoro"
6
6

Needed tools for home repair.
Since this is home repair, here are some tools you need for a happy home. There is still time to buy one or several of these for family members. I'm hoping eventually to have all of them.

Not sure if this is the place
I am looking at some used leather for a project. It was salvaged from an old supposedly "high end" chesterfield (couch). It was originally a dark "milk chocolate" brown and on the high wear portions...
5
5

OT Happy Tea Party Day.
OT Saturday, today in an hour, is the 250th anniversary of the Boston Tea Party. But it seems things are forgiven. The British East India Company has donate a whole bunch of tea to be dumped in the...

Repairing Formica counter top
I have a Formica counter top with a 4" lip at the back that it 1" thick. That 4" lip is separating from the wall, stretching the caulking to the point were it cracking and "grinning". I can push the...
20
20

Police outline different ride options
This police department outlines different ride options if you are celebrating the holidays. Don’t waste your holiday shopping money on bail! If you’ve been drinking, call a sober friend, taxi, or...
2
2