Subject Author Posted Replies

OT. Calling Coin Flips
It turns out there is a slight advantage in calling for the side that is on the up side before it's flipped. <> According to new research, one side offers a (slight) advantage
2
2

What can't be recycled?
My neighbor puts out his recycling & trash (blue, green, gray) every week. I put mine out once a month (blue always, sometimes green, never gray). Blue is typical stuff like paper, glass, plastic,...
15
15

Greetings friends after many years!
And just in time to see the google groups close down. How can we resubscribe before google groups end?. Much better postings here than the commercial site. Guv Bob Aka Snuffy, Newgene McMensa, et al
5
5

Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke on
I've had this pretty beefy machine for 3 years, given the lack of snow in the northeast I've used it maybe eight times. First snowfall yesterday. It wouldn't start (tank was empty and stabil run...
17
17

WHen drier not so dry
Is it from too many or too heavy clothes, filter uncleaned, vent tube stuffed, cold weather, or what else could be the problem? WHat are the fixes.
4
4

Have you used your Visa card?
NBC news had a segment on how Visa is using AI to assist and prevent fraud. One number stood out to me. How often do you think a Visa card is used World Wide? 76,000 times a 1. Day 2. Hour 3. Minute...
4
4

Returned short cut window shades
Fortunately True Value did a refund. Otherwise I would have called Visa for a charge back. Next time measure to confirm the employee cut the right lengtht.
1
1

OT: Chinese BEV explodes
Hi All, The first part of this video is pretty entertaining. Sudden EV Explosion, Rockets up 5 Meters, Close to 100 BYD Autos Spontaneously Combust the doors flying off! Gives new meaning to 3C (Cheap...
5
5

Hang about guys, I just realised (remembered) why I never started using Thunderbird before. IT IS VERY DIFFICULT?
I looked it up. Here are the instructions: (once the user has been told a few times that T'Bird is really for email and that all the instructions and searches are directed to that end) AND PROBLEMS...
12
12

OT. Electric Vehicle Sales
The used ones lose value quicker than their gasoline powered counter parts. That really isn't a surprise. <> One would think that the Biden administration would respect the wants and needs of the...
17
17

Landing gear repair
OK, this group is Home repair but many here have other mechanical skills. This guy did a pretty good job of repairing landing gear and had a nice tool box.
1
1

Should the lock be replaced?
My brother and SIL live in 1973 building**. They are on the 17th floor of an 18-story building, and the sliding glass door (patio door) to the balcony has a broken lock. I'm polling all of you, that...
10
10

OT. Gen Z. Sober?
One of the Sunday talk shows mentioned that the latest crop of U.S. humans is drinking less. It looks like it's true. <> The nearest town to me had a half dozen bars 40+ years ago. One was called...
2
2

How do you remove nonenal from cloths?
Hi All, I am finding tons of article about what "nonenal" is, but nothing about how to wash it out? Supposedly, it is an oily, fatty acid. You guys have any method? Many thanks, -T
4
4

Refrigerator & Freezer Standards
will be more stringent in the future. <>The standards will also be changed for commercial fans and blowers. The Biden administration announced a final rule on Friday that imposes stricter energy...
4
4