OT. Gen Z. Sober?

One of the Sunday talk shows mentioned that the latest crop of U.S. humans is drinking less. It looks like it's true.

The nearest town to me had a half dozen bars 40+ years ago. One was called Duffy's. The working guys hung out there. It was full of customers and noisy in the evenings. Now there is one. It's mainly a restaurant but one can get booze there. The TV shows I've watched over the years would occasionally show bars in people's homes. Apparently those home bars won't be needed if they ever were.

Reply to
Dean

Are you talking about General Zachary Sober? My father was a Colonel in WWII and he served under him, and he was not always sober. He drank a lot on weekends and had to assign a sergeant to stopping him at 6PM on Sunday. The trouble was that the war went on 24/7, from Anzio to Rome. It didn't stop for weekends. You can try to rehabilitate him but I don't think you should.

Reply to
micky

But look what they miss: "Prosecutors have revealed new details behind what they say happened in the moments leading up to a deadly shooting in a Wheaton bar just before the Christmas holiday.

Michael Freund, 49, of Aurora, faces one count of first-degree murder in the killing of Dexter Perkins at Rosie O'Reilly's Bar last week. He was denied pre-trial release in court. The shooting was reported at around 8:45 a.m. Friday at the bar, located at 0N131 Gary Ave. The bar's owners said the argument started over leftover pizza between the victim — a regular — and three first-time customers.Perkins approached the other man at which time Freund, who was standing on the other side of a wooden railing, fired at him, striking him in the torso and in the face. It is alleged that after the shooting, Freund placed the Glock, which had been fired a total of eleven times, in the center console of his truck where it was ultimately found by law enforcement,'' a release from DuPage County State’s Attorney Bob Berlin and DuPage County Sheriff James Mendrick stated.

Reply to
Geoff Rove