Latest threads in Lightingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

How do I test a 4-ft fluorescent bulb
No further details provided
1
1

Can I use a CFL bulb in a Mercury Vapor fixture (is the ballast compatible)?
No further details provided
1
1

how bright should my outdoor lights be
I have 2 areas of yard to light. will use motion sensor lighting. I need well lit when they come on. Both previous units were junk and too dim. both areas are around 1500 SF.

I need wiring instructions for 6 way floor lamp a video would help greatly. thank you.
No further details provided

I bought a solar motion detector security light, why won't the light work
I have charged the battery with the switch turned in the off position, as the instructions state. It work in the on position but not in the motion auto position.

What is the selection criteria for recessed LED downlights?
What is the selection criteria for recessed LED downlights? I would like to purchase fixtures for a kitchen and a foyer. These are not replacements but rather a new installation. Are transformers...

Can i use standard flex to supply 415volts? or does it need protecting?
We have a lighting busbar at work, that has a 'switch live' & 'permanent live' within it, although I understand off different phases. Can I supply my emergency light from this using standard flex...

how far can I run 10/2 with ground on a 20amp breaker A120 volts for christmas l
I'm ruining three receptacles and lamp post off a 20amp breaker 160 feet 120volts on 10/2 and ground for Christmas lights

my motion sensor light won't go on when I turn the indoor switch on? what is wrong?
I thought my bulbs were burned out so I just bought and installed new bulbs for one set of my two sets of outdoor motion sensor lights. I put the switch on from inside, and one set of lights went on...

My outdoor security light has begun a loud buzz.
I tried replacing the bulb, then the photo sensor, but it is still loudly buzzing and it is just to annoying not to fix. What would be my next step?

Landscape lighting burn out as soon as I put them in ?
No further details provided
2
2

I need 2 Ecolux cool white 30 W fluorescent bulbs
I checked at Home Depot and Wal Mart but no luck.
1
1

Can bare ground wire in my attic cause a spark and ignite the blown insulation?
I came across a light fixture in my attic that has an exposed ground wire. Is it possible for the ground wire to spark and catch my blown insulation on fire?

Ceiling fan with 4 small light ceramic sockets. How do I loosen sockets?
My HW store only sells 60W "day light" CFL bulbs in the candle size. With four bulbs, it is way too bright. I'd like to replace the small size ceramic sockets with standard size sockets. Also, the...
1
1

mosfet dimmer control repair
Have several Lutron RadioRA2 dimmers that have been damaged by lightning and now are on at full brightness. The active control component is a FDPF2710T Mosfet not the expected Triac. I have changed...
1
1