Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: mtd lawn tractor
dont your engine maintenance/tune ups?
1
1

Sears push mower fouling plugs
I have a relatively new sears 5.5 mower with the honda engine. It fouls the plug in very short order, about every third use. does anyone have an idea what might be going on? Appreciate the help.
5
5

Is it too late to water my lawn?
I had surgery about three weeks ago and since then I have not watered my lawn. For obvious reasons, my lawn is now all yellowed out with a few patches of green here and there. I live in Oklahoma and...
13
13

Design a Pool & Patio Contest
Visit for details... http://acemckilty.com/misc/design_contest.htm

Re: Lawn Tractor Questions
Why do you want a lawn tractor for a yard that size? Do you have a physical disability that you cannot walk? Is the lawn such a steep grade it is to hard to push? It is a waste of money on a yard that...
21
21

violets in lawn
I have violets taking over my lawn. Any thoughts on how to stop them would be appreciated. Larry
3
3

Cedar siding to mulch?
I have a large quantity of cedar siding that was installed on the exterior of my home, and which is being removed (don't ask, long story). It's not treated, painted, or stained. Assuming I pull all...
2
2

Re: headache lawn
your yard is not very big. pull the weeds yourself. it is very easy. the fertilizer will not get rid of the weeds once they have established... only kill them. yardwork is not yardwork for nothing....
4
4

Lawnboy mowers
Anyone owning a Lawnboy Gold Series lawn mower? This is my 2nd one and this one seems to be a lemon. I've had it in for repair 4 times in 1 year. The fuel plug goes bad and leaks fuel all over the...
4
4

Anyone recognize this lawn bug?
I was mowing the lawn and stumbled on this beast. About an inch wide and almost two inches long. I crushed it and a bunch of white eggs popped out. Absolutely disgusting. You can see the hole it came...
1
1

Re: Vegetable garden news group?
Robin
1
1

Pre-fab stairs?
I need to build a stair case that goes down from the beach, up to my house (700 feet up). Is there a company that sells pre-fab stairs sold in modules? Anyone know? Dan
2
2

better Japanese beetle trap
I've invented a spring loaded clip that greatly enhances the Spectracide "Bag-a-Bug" Japanese beetle trap. I have two of these traps hanging in may yard now, and they have all the benefits of the...

Lawn and Lime
I live in Patterson, La and I have some bare spots in my St. Augustine grass under some pecan trees and white oaks that do not get too much direct sunlight. I tested the PH level of the soil with a...
2
2

Soil depth
It's the first time I have looked on this group, so forgive me if I ask something straight out of the FAQs, but here goes: Can anyone tell me how deep topsoil needs to be to grow a lawn? TIA Bob
8
8