Cedar siding to mulch?

I have a large quantity of cedar siding that was installed on the exterior of my home, and which is being removed (don't ask, long story). It's not treated, painted, or stained.

Assuming I pull all the nails, can I turn it into good mulch for the neighborhood? I hate to waste it, and pay $400 for a dumpster in the process! If it can be used, any recommendations on what kind of chipper/shredder I'd need to rent?

Reply to
Ann Onymous

My city will send the chipper truck out, do the chipping, and then dump the chipping in a neat pile anywhere they can back the truck. You can also rent medium size chippers that will do the job.

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J

I have to ask.