Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Reparing a sloping lawn
Hi folks, I've got this side yard (photo link below) on a slope where water has been washing top soil away for a year or so. There is only dried thatch now. I made some terrace-like rows using a...
1
1

Lawnmower for sale !
Worx moder WG789 "Pacesetter", perfect condition, used only once. Normally retails for $500, now asking only $200 ! Self propelled. Electric but no cables to deal with. Respond newsgroup or .

Levelling Troubles
I want to level my garden but there is a problem. There is a road next to property is on a slope. The image provided indcates the level of slope. This is the main problem. I want to know how i can...
3
3

New turf going thin
Morning all this is my fist post so be gentle with me. I searched the forum but not managed to find an answer to my query. I laid some new turn at the front of my house around 5 weeks ago. The turf...
6
6

Help with a lawn which won't grow, 2nd time round!
Hello I have a lawn which just won't thrive, here's the facts: - Live on the sea front, it's the rear garden, 18m2, west facing. - A new promenade was being built 4 years ago and the rubble and soil...
2
2

Adding Small Amount of Gas with 2 Cyle Oil Mix to Gas for Lawnmower
Hi, I recently got rid of my gas powered weed wacker. I plan on buying a 36V rechargeable weed wacker. I have a quart of gas with 2 cycle engine oil mixed. I want to get rid of this gas. Is it harmful...
7
7

after discussing about the sticking
Hi fellows, you can try this when evaluating the blade; Subsequently, When studying the blade, it is mandatory to lessen the recovery of the sticking smoothly Bye
1
1

How best to go nuclear on my lawn
Hi, I'd appreciate any help offered as I'm not necessarily that green fingered. I have a serious front lawn problem in that some kind of grass (more like bamboo) has taken hold amongst the ordinary...
2
2

Lawnmower wont cut in reverse
I recently got a bolens model 760 riding lawn mower and am very satisfied with it except when I put it in reverse with the blades engaged the engine dies. I assume this is normal. Since I don`t have...
2
2

Help needed with Lawn!
I have 3 boys who love to play football on the lawn! My lawn used to look lovely but last year and this year it has turned really patchy. 've tried to repair some of the patches but you'll see that...
2
2

First lawn, first post. In need of advice....
Hello all. We have recently had a house built and so the "garden" is just soil and boulders at the moment. We're planning on getting a lawn down at the end of the summer. We're complete garden newbies...
14
14

Has my lawn had its day???
Evening all... In need of some advice please. This evening I managed to get the first cut on the lawn this year and to say it looks bad is an understatement. Im contemplating stripping it off and re...
3
3

Order of lawn maintenance operations?
Hello all, Hoping to pick your brains if you would be so kind. I have a lawn that needs some (ok, a lot) of help, although it's not beyond repair. It has significant moss growth and thatch and dries...
8
8

Landscaping Cloth?
Should I lay what is called 'landscaping cloth' under my mulch nuggets? I am tired of pulling weeds. Thanks Apeman
8
8

Sowing a lawn - Help needed!!
Hi all. I need some help. I'm trying to sow part of my lawn that is bare and have put some top soil down on it but having spent hours de-clumping it there are now hundreds or even thousands of small...
2
2