Reparing a sloping lawn

Hi folks,
I've got this side yard (photo link below) on a slope where water has
been washing top soil away for a year or so. There is only dried
thatch now. I made some terrace-like rows using a shovel, hoping this
would collect enough water to get some new grass seed going.
So far the openings are catching the water. Think it has a chance of
working?
LR&T

Reply to
Lawn Ranger
Hi folks,
I've got this side yard (photo link below) on a slope where water has been washing top soil away for a year or so. There is only dried thatch now. I made some terrace-like rows using a shovel, hoping this would collect enough water to get some new grass seed going.
So far the openings are catching the water. Think it has a chance of working?
LR&T

===
I forgot to say.... this area still has a little Bermuda grass. I did not want to damage the roots any more than necessary, so I just pushed the shovel down about 4 inch and then levered it back just enough to leave a 1/2-inch or so V-shaped trench for the water to have a place to soak.
Reply to
Lawn Ranger

Site Timeline Threads