Waiting period for a freshly, newly laid sod?

Just was wondering if I need to wait a certain period before I can mow my lawn which was freshly laid sod? The grass certainly is long enough to warrant a mowing, but it's been less than month since I laid the new sod. Thanks.

Reply to
Steve K. Lee

Mow it, but mow it high. Has the sod taken? ie. could you pull up the sections still?

Reply to
Mike

Yeah, for the most part, I'd say I can still pull up the sections still. However, I noticed that when I'd pull up the sod, a thick layer of the topsoil would pull up along with the original sod. Thoughts? TIA!

Reply to
Steve K. Lee

Hi Steve! This time of year it only takes a couple weeks for the sod to get established enough to mow. Just mow it at your regular height. Sue

Reply to
Kats'n Us