How to fill dog holes in grass area

I've got two dogs that occasionally dig "spot holes" in the yard. I've got two holes now, and I'm looking for something to fill the holes until fall seeding season (will put out fescue). Particularly troubling is these holes hold water, which gets nasty, but the dogs want to drink it anyway.

Any suggestions on what to use? Sand? Potting soil? Gravel?

Many thanks!

Reply to
Squanklin

Plant dogwood trees in the holes.

Reply to
G Henslee

Not a bad thought, but I'm afraid I'll end up with a forest before seeding season! My preference would be to leave this area as grass.

Thanks for the idea!

Reply to
Squanklin

uhhhhh????? dirt maybe..