Latest threads in Installationshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

I have an installed 3 different ground fault interrupters
i have tried 3 different ground fault interrupters in the box they all work correctly when i manually tested them. When I put the ground fault interrupter tester in the sockets and push the test...
2
2

I need to attach a photocell at a switched GFI box outside that will control a light at the other end of a conduit.
I'm going to post my question again and try to be more clear this time. I have an indoor switch running outdoor receptacle that is not a GFI. Right now, there is a conduit off the receptacle that goes...

my home payphone don't ring, can I make it ring
I bought a payphone off e-bay and set it up to be my home phone. it's a western electric 1998? it calls out great and receives calls to as long as you know when the person is calling you. but it don't...
2
2

I have 3 wires on a 220 stove the 2 hots of course, but where do I hook the 3rd, to the neutral or to the ground?
No further details provided

what size wire and circuit breaker do I need to install a 18,000 btu mini split
I am installing a Klimaire 2x9,000BTU Multi Zone Ductless Mini Split Air Conditioner (DC INVERTER) (KSIM20912-H216) in a new constuction house. Installation guide is not very clear just trying to...

How do I wire into my service panel?
How do I wire into my service panel to get 240 volts on two live conductors for an outlet for my 240 volt Campbell Hausfeld air compressor?
2
2

im adding a three phase 225 amp 480 volt panel off of a 600 amp main disconnect. can i just have a main lug or do i need a breaker for it
i am adding the panel because of breaker space not load issues

New door bell w/ diode requires the button to be held down to play full chime?
Installed new electronic door bell (IQ America PC-7110). It only makes a brief sound when the button is pushed and released, but it works properly if the button is held down throughout the ring...
4
4

im hooking up motion lights and house has 3 wires fixture has 2 black & white where nutral go
coming from switch to two different locations first one had two lines in . put black to black white to white ground to ground works fine BUT other location has 1 line black ,white& ground fixture has...

how do i get mortar or cement out of PVC conduit if its buried in cement?
I recently installed 3/4" PVC conduit for dock levelors buried in cement. I guess the tape i had covering the pvc came out and when the masons built the walls with cinder blacks some of the mortar...

Have installed a new 230v pool pump but the dedicated circuit is only 120v, how do I convert to 230v?
No further details provided
2
2

120 v 2 speed mortor problem
whole house attic fan two speed does not appear faster on high. 120 v input. when on low, high wire is 80 v; when on high, low wire is 160 v. is this normal?
2
2

Wiring a GFI receptacle
My first experience with this site was great. Now I need more help. I need to wire a GFI receptacle a, light switch and a bath vent fan switch, all from the same (3 gang) box. Can you help? I cannot...
6
6

I have a thermasol steam generator power pak commercial its the model 1200 and I need to install a steam aroma nano unit to the steam genera
I have a thermasol steam generator power pak commercial its the model 1200 and I need to install a steam aroma nano unit to the steam generator solenoid valve. I open and found the valve but have no...
6
6

does open to ground mean there is continuity or not?
No further details provided