Latest threads in Installationshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Air cond. has NEMA 6-15P (220v/30AMP) Plug end - only 220V outlet available is NEMA 10-30R (Dryer) HELP?
I just purchased a Haier - 18,000 BTU Window Air Conditioner with a NEMA 6-15P (220v/30AMP) Plug end. The only available 220V is a NEMA 10-30R (Dryer) receptacle (50AMP ??). What is the most...
6
6

I have two 3-way switches working as intended. Where would I connect a new 14-2 ( a new light location) wire to the 3-way switch?
My house has two 3-way switches controlling some kitchen ceiling lights. I remodelled the kitchen and added new cabinets. With these new cabinets I put in some under cabinet lights. I have run a 14-2...
2
2

How do I wire a Pryanco 4 tube door chime?
There are 2 terminals above each chime. I figured they would be simple to reconnect 4 to the power and 4 to the passive...but no. Apparently the order in which they are connected determines whether or...
6
6

I have one hot wire coming from the fuse panel. I want it to power two different wall switches.
I have one hot wire coming from the fuse panel. I want it to power two different wall switches. Each wall switch controls one ceiling light.
2
2

I have wired the timer switch to a 2 speed toggle switch and I get nothing but high speed on a brand new Marathon motor..
I wired to schematics that came with the fan motor, neutral to neutral, the black speed to one side and the other black to the other side and then grounded.
2
2