Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Tempstar furnace, pilot light turns on then off in 1 second
I have a Tempstar natural gas furnace. It has electric element for ignition of the pilot. It was working fine all December. Now, it does not work as follows: the draft fan starts and runs correctly,...
1
1

New 95% furnace... can i use the old roof hole?
I want to replace an old 80% furnace that vents through the roof. But I don't need a new roof, and I'm hesitant to disturb the old shingles. Is there a kit that lets me put a high-eff concentric vent...
3
3

Trane Heat Pump
I have a Trane heat pump system that's about 20 years old in my house. Model # TWE036C140B0. I recently self installed a new Honeywell thermostat, and while it runs fine my energy bill has been...
2
2

Sparks seen in Baseboard heater
I live in a Condo Apartment. It has quite old baseboard heater. It was quite loose and displaced from the wall so I was trying to tighten its screws and then found that it sparks when it moves. Its...
6
6

reznor propane heater
Why does my reznor burner shut off every couple of minutes?
1
1

Service contractor install TXV in pouring rain
Nightmare experience with a local Frederick, MD HVAC business. Contractor showed up to install TXV previously diagnosed as bad, in pouring rain, despite the fact that we had called 2 days earlier and...
2
2

Re: T.E.C.H. METHOD MAINTENANCE INSPECTIONS by Gary R. Lloyd CMS
I have one of his books from 1988. I don't know if he is still around or not.
25
25

trane xe 60 pilot light goes off when furnace goes off
My Trane xe60 furnace pilot goes out each time that the furnace stops heating and I have to relight the pilot.
2
2

Condensation
We enclosed our outside patio. We notice heavy condensation running down the lowest wall. Our side walls are insulated however the aluminum roof isn't. If we insulate the outside patio roof with...
1
1

Trane XL20i Defrost Cycles
We have had a problem with the Trane XL20i going into way too many defrost cycles. Trane has been out with their tech guys and checked everything but it still will defrost way too many times. The last...

Pump restarts every 8 secs
For the past two weeks my beckett cb151ul for the furnace, goes through a pump cycle every 8 secs. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix it, or should I get a replacement?

Amana Air Command NG 80 SV
I turn off my Gas every Spring, now that it is Heating Season, I had the Gas Co. turn on the Gas, then turned the Thermostat to "Heat" and turned the Thermostat up in order to "Call for Heat". At...

Propane weight
500gal propane heating tank -how much does the gas alone weigh?
8
8

Packaged air unit
Mobile home with furnace. Packaged air unit outside. Whoever hooked up the ducts from the packaged unit just spliced into the existing ducts. So now the air flows out up through the furnace. How do I...