Re: T.E.C.H. METHOD MAINTENANCE INSPECTIONS by Gary R. Lloyd CMS

is there any way to still find the books by gary r lloyd ??? i have been looking for more then 2 years.
please someone reach out to me and help me out.
On 2016-11-15 04:18:44 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com said:

I have one of his books from 1988. I don't know if he is still around or not.
Any way you can send me a copy of the book/s. I'm more then willing to pay.
I have a copy of TECH Method Lesson Series, 1988, ac/r Trouble Shooting by Gary R. LLoyd CMS I would sell for $200 if anyone is interested.
John
On 7/25/2017 5:43 PM, John wrote:

That's a joke. 1988 is totally obsolete in today's modern equipment. Everything is now controlled by electronics and High efficiency Mechanicals. Standard procedure is by Super Heat and Sub cooling factors. Maybe someones outhouse is in need of ass wipe.
--
Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to
On 2017-07-26 04:41:32 +0000, Zinger said:

It has super heat and subcooling and ac principles haven't changed. Also high efficiency etc. is there too. It's mainly a course on principles and physics of ac and they haven't changed.
replying to Zinger, Brto wrote: You haven't even read the books, have you?
On 8/11/2017 6:44 PM, Brto wrote:

First off, I will point out to you that this Newsgroup was not created to be a spammers advertising Products system.
The Newsgroup was primarily designed for the interchange of Ideas etc for the Professionals.
The Secondary design was to help out those of the public that had no where else to seek aid.
You are none of the above!!!
Our Sister Newsgroup is designed for those that wish to exchange and to design HVAC Products and to delve into the Physics of such.
1988 is ancient in today's modern HVAC systems! You are selling crap. I am well educated in Thermodynamics and have Controlled a HVAC Company for a number of Decades. There have been vast changes since 1988. The Physics of High efficiency was just barely getting started in 1988, It has traveled eons since them.The same for the Cooling industry. Air conditioners and refrigeration systems are vastly different with different types of Gases and the method of charging them has changed greatly. I highly recommend that all Candidates for this very well paying industry sign on to a minimum 2 year Tech School or better yet, Get a University degree in Thermodynamic Engineering. Most Unions are tied to ACCA or ASHRAE with NATE training. Here are the requirements for most states.
2 Years Votech school 2 years apprenticeship 4 years Journeyman 1 Year Master Then Contractor.
The first 4 years can be done in 2 if you work in the industry while in school. You cannot work unless a master is running the job. The master cannot contract work. The contractor cannot work the job but can contract it. Basically all contractors are also masters. All upgrades are based on practical factors, classes, and written tests.
There is no way that a 1988 course can handle all of that.
http://www.acca.org/home
https://www.ashrae.org/
http://www.natex.org/site/1/Home
--
Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to
Zinger wrote:

Bunch of experts here (ha), but no one posts shit! Lighten up! : )

On 8/12/2017 1:24 AM, Bill wrote:

Actually everyone still does...Back channel. Why would one that makes a living in this business give it away for free anyway? As for spamming..It isn't acceptable anywhere on usenet.

--
Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to
Zinger wrote:

The books received some interesting comments on the HVAC-TALK forum.
On Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 3:44:00 PM UTC-7, John wrote:

John, I will buy them from you. I had a set that belonged to the company I worked for. Great teaching tool. PM me and let's set it up.
Dennis
replying to dhite1, Brto wrote: Hello. I have Gary Lloyd's T.E.C.H. METHOD MAINTENANCE INSPECTIONS Book Sets for Sale On eBay anyone interested please let me know.
On 2017-07-25 22:43:54 +0000, John said:

The book has sold. Thanks guys.
John wrote:

Thank you for your post. It motivated me to order a related book on diagnostics (haven't got it yet)! : )
replying to tomagrin, Brto wrote:
Hello. I have Gary Lloyd's T.E.C.H. METHOD MAINTENANCE INSPECTIONS Book Sets for Sale On eBay anyone interested please let me know.
replying to Brto, Brto wrote: Correction: I have the full troubleshooting sets, brand new, for sale on ebay. I am the author's son in law and have been authorized to sell them.
On 8/11/2017 6:44 PM, Brto wrote:

This is a con job!

replying to Brto, Brto wrote: You may want to check this out. A good place to get started.
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?19701-Refrigeration-101
On 8/11/2017 6:44 PM, Brto wrote:

This is a con job!