Re: T.E.C.H. METHOD MAINTENANCE INSPECTIONS by Gary R. Lloyd CMS

is there any way to still find the books by gary r lloyd ??? i have been looking for more then 2 years.

please someone reach out to me and help me out.

Reply to
tomagrin

I have one of his books from 1988. I don't know if he is still around or not.

Reply to
John

Any way you can send me a copy of the book/s. I'm more then willing to pay.

Reply to
tomagrin

I have a copy of TECH Method Lesson Series, 1988, ac/r Trouble Shooting by Gary R. LLoyd CMS I would sell for $200 if anyone is interested.

John

Reply to
John

That's a joke. 1988 is totally obsolete in today's modern equipment. Everything is now controlled by electronics and High efficiency Mechanicals. Standard procedure is by Super Heat and Sub cooling factors. Maybe someones outhouse is in need of ass wipe.

Reply to
Zinger

It has super heat and subcooling and ac principles haven't changed. Also high efficiency etc. is there too. It's mainly a course on principles and physics of ac and they haven't changed.

Reply to
John

John, I will buy them from you. I had a set that belonged to the company I worked for. Great teaching tool. PM me and let's set it up.

Dennis

Reply to
dhite1

Hello. I have Gary Lloyd's T.E.C.H. METHOD MAINTENANCE INSPECTIONS Book Sets for Sale On eBay anyone interested please let me know.

Reply to
Brto

replying to dhite1, Brto wrote: Hello. I have Gary Lloyd's T.E.C.H. METHOD MAINTENANCE INSPECTIONS Book Sets for Sale On eBay anyone interested please let me know.

Reply to
Brto

replying to Zinger, Brto wrote: You haven't even read the books, have you?

Reply to
Brto

replying to Brto, Brto wrote: Correction: I have the full troubleshooting sets, brand new, for sale on ebay. I am the author's son in law and have been authorized to sell them.

Reply to
Brto

replying to Brto, Brto wrote: You may want to check this out. A good place to get started.

Brto

First off, I will point out to you that this Newsgroup was not created to be a spammers advertising Products system.

The Newsgroup was primarily designed for the interchange of Ideas etc for the Professionals.

The Secondary design was to help out those of the public that had no where else to seek aid.

You are none of the above!!!

Our Sister Newsgroup is designed for those that wish to exchange and to design HVAC Products and to delve into the Physics of such.

1988 is ancient in today's modern HVAC systems! You are selling crap. I am well educated in Thermodynamics and have Controlled a HVAC Company for a number of Decades. There have been vast changes since 1988. The Physics of High efficiency was just barely getting started in 1988, It has traveled eons since them.The same for the Cooling industry. Air conditioners and refrigeration systems are vastly different with different types of Gases and the method of charging them has changed greatly. I highly recommend that all Candidates for this very well paying industry sign on to a minimum 2 year Tech School or better yet, Get a University degree in Thermodynamic Engineering. Most Unions are tied to ACCA or ASHRAE with NATE training. Here are the requirements for most states.

2 Years Votech school

2 years apprenticeship 4 years Journeyman 1 Year Master Then Contractor.

The first 4 years can be done in 2 if you work in the industry while in school. You cannot work unless a master is running the job. The master cannot contract work. The contractor cannot work the job but can contract it. Basically all contractors are also masters. All upgrades are based on practical factors, classes, and written tests.

There is no way that a 1988 course can handle all of that.

Zinger

This is a con job!

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

This is a con job!

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

Bunch of experts here (ha), but no one posts shit! Lighten up! : )

Reply to
Bill

The books received some interesting comments on the HVAC-TALK forum.

Reply to
Bill

Actually everyone still does...Back channel. Why would one that makes a living in this business give it away for free anyway? As for spamming..It isn't acceptable anywhere on usenet.

Reply to
Zinger

The book has sold. Thanks guys.

Reply to
John

Thank you for your post. It motivated me to order a related book on diagnostics (haven't got it yet)! : )

Reply to
Bill