Service contractor install TXV in pouring rain

Nightmare experience with a local Frederick, MD HVAC business. Contractor showed up to install TXV previously diagnosed as bad, in pouring rain, despite the fact that we had called 2 days earlier and canceled the appointment on a recorded line. He contacted his office and informed them of our service cancelation, long story short His office told him to pack up and leave the job immediately so they could verify our cancelation. He didn't even evacuate or pull out the moisture in the system after the repair, he just packed up and left. What recourse do I have, I am sure that the system is shot now or will have acid burnout if I do try to repair the unit.

10 year old Trane 14 seer, it was a good unit, is it repairable at this point?
Reply to
Mc

Your not real clear on what was actually done. He completed replacing the TXV? If so you can have someone evacuate the system and charge it. You ne ed to explain the situation to whom ever you have come out. The next tech will not want to be responsible for the repair so you'll have to accept tha t condition.

Reply to
lawrence.jamesnc

Nightmare experience with a local Frederick, MD HVAC business. Contractor showed up to install TXV previously diagnosed as bad, in pouring rain, despite the fact that we had called 2 days earlier and canceled the appointment on a recorded line. He contacted his office and informed them of our service cancelation, long story short His office told him to pack up and leave the job immediately so they could verify our cancelation. He didn't even evacuate or pull out the moisture in the system after the repair, he just packed up and left. What recourse do I have, I am sure that the system is shot now or will have acid burnout if I do try to repair the unit.

10 year old Trane 14 seer, it was a good unit, is it repairable at this point? for full context, visit

***Working on Refrigeration system is tough on Tech and customer because you are working with unknown, Technician is unable to see all parts of inside unit most of time he is gambling are guessing similar when you go see you doctor even worst then that, at least you can explain doctor what is hurting but machine can not tell you anything until problems shows up which is too late. Now you need to get competent service company that ?will take time? to service your unit with no guarantee that after they may work half day maybe waste and yes you will be charge for his/her time and material used, it is your gamble not theirs. SORRY some time buying new is much cheaper than repair the old system.

***
Reply to
Tony944