Restarting Chest freezer

I'm the guy with 12 chest freezers used in my business. I have two freezers that are hard to get started if left not running for long, otherwise they cool fine and run at or below -10*F. When empty we may not get product to fill them, a couple months later when I turn it on, the internal breaker opens, and it continues cycle on and off until finally it starts. Can take an hour or more, but I stop after a while to let it cool down. Could a defective start capacitor be the cause? If not what could be the cause? My wife is threatening to leave it running while empty. Mikek
------=_NextPart_000_01D4_01D29CC2.48DB8460 Content-Type: text/plain;     charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding
"amdx" wrote in message
I'm the guy with 12 chest freezers used in my business. I have two freezers that are hard to get started if left not running for long, otherwise they cool fine and run at or below -10*F. When empty we may not get product to fill them, a couple months later when I turn it on, the internal breaker opens, and it continues cycle on and off until finally it starts. Can take an hour or more, but I stop after a while to let it cool down. Could a defective start capacitor be the cause? If not what could be the cause? "LOW VOLTAGE" My wife is threatening to leave it running while empty. Mikek
On 3/14/2017 2:55 PM, Tony944 wrote:

Interesting, I'll look into that. I have two freezers on that leg and no problem with the other freezer. The way the wiring runs any poor connection should affect both. I'll monitor the voltage the next time I start it up. IF my wife didn't already start it!
Thanks, Mikek
On Saturday, March 11, 2017 at 9:17:06 PM UTC-5, amdx wrote:

If these are domestic chest freezers you probably do not have any start com ponents other than a current relay as your compressor is probably a fractio nal hp and is a ISIR i.e. (induction start and induction run) motor and not an CSIR, CSCR motor or PSC motor. Probably what you have is a tight compr essor that is only going to get worse over time until it not start at all. Sometimes what can happen is you may develop a small leak and moisture can infiltrate the system starting a chain reaction one of which is copper pla tting of the compressor bearings. You can try and put a 3 in 1 hard start k it that is made for smaller compressors or you could put another compressor in ii for a few hundred more or just replace it.