Yext referral service

I just got a call from someone, wants to sign me up with

as a referral provider. They want to send me calls for my business, and only charge me $17 per customer, for the online listing.

I glanced at thier web site, and can't figure out the nuts and bolts of how they work. Aparently, they assign me a "local" phone number. From what I can gather, people call that number, which is monitored by them. And aparently rings through to my number. They bill me for whatever sounds like work, not for tele marketers, and so on.

Anyone out there use this service? Is it worth the money?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yext has an online video presentation demonstrating how their system works at

It sounds very similar to the pitches businesses get from Angie's List, ServiceMagic, Yelp, etc. They're trying to get customers to use them first to find a company. The business model for this type of middleman service has them earning money either from the customer, the business, or both. They may charge customers a membership fee, charge businesses for ads, or sell potential leads to their affiliated businesses. Paying for leads or advertising with one of these firms can get pretty expensive.

Apparently Yext requires each business to frequently check its inbox and report all calls that did not result in business, including wrong numbers and junk calls. You get charged for each incoming call you _don't_ report as worthless. So you have to closely monitor this service or it will cost you far more than you anticipated.

Reply to
Hell Toupee

Its just like any other referal service that wants you to pay them for "referals", and it doesn't matter if the "referal" results in an actual money call for you or not. I got bit by Service Magic one time.... never again. Their supposed "pre-qualified" customers turned out to be nothing but price shoppers and tire kickers.... and every call cost me. You can *do* what you want, but most legitmate contractors steer clear of stuff like that as well as insurance companies, landlords, and spec house builders.

Reply to
Steve

Thanks for the field report. Supposedly they don't charge for telemarketers, and so on. I'm not all convinced.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Thanks for the link. The unshaven guy spewing fluff and good cheer, doesn't impress me, much.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I just heard back from the Yext people. The cheerful, perky lady on the phone sounded just astounded that I didn't want to sign up. She "couldn't understand" why. I explained it, and finally told her it wasn't my job to make her understand. She closed with "I can't believe you don't want to grow your busines/CLICK!!!" and the line went dead. Aparently, they have a very low tolerance for rejection.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

And you did not get your self implant that is shame

Grumpy