Yext referral service (a bit OT for home repair)

I just got a call from someone, wants to sign me up with

as a referral provider. They want to send me calls for my business, and only charge me $17 per customer, for the online listing.

I glanced at thier web site, and can't figure out the nuts and bolts of how they work. Aparently, they assign me a "local" phone number. From what I can gather, people call that number, which is monitored by them. And aparently rings through to my number. They bill me for whatever sounds like work, not for tele marketers, and so on.

Anyone out there use this service? Is it worth the money?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Sounds like a scam, how do you prevent them for biling for every Tom Dick and Harry, whether it results in business or is a crank call??

Reply to
hrhofmann

That web site does not exist!!! Try reposting

Reply to
hrhofmann

Don't know what happened. Something took the spaces out of my text.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'm also thinking some thing doesn't sound right. Supposedly they monitor for key words, and don't bill for crank calls.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

According to a post on a web forum from a company that tried Yext out, Yext automatically bills you for _every_ call they send through to your inbox. Because they use software to screen the calls, some junk calls do get through. At that point it is up to you to report the worthless calls to have them removed. Otherwise, you are charged for them as good calls. And they don't do refunds.

Reply to
Hell Toupee

I see a revenge mechanism for use against certain business.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Seeing as how each undisputed call costs $17, I can see that also.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Me lets out a deep evil laugh. MUHAHAHAHA!

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I just heard from the Yext people. The cheerful, perky lady on the phone sounded just astounded that I didn't want to sign up. She "couldn't understand" why. I explained it, and finally told her it wasn't my job to make her understand. She closed with "I can't believe you don't want to grow your busines/CLICK!!!" and the line went dead. Aparently, they have a very low tolerance for rejection.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I was a YEXT customer and that's what they tell you to get you to sign up your business for their service. But then they charge you for every crap call whether it leads to a paying customer or not. I reported garbage calls that were unintelligable and the transcript they send with the call was so disheveled and contentless as to be hilarious... yet they insisted on billing me for such calls. YEXT IS A TOTAL SCAM. Run screaming from their offers. YEXT ONLY WANTS TO RIP YOU OFF.

_________________________ Message sent through

BurnedByYext

Better home portal? Replying to a message from a couple months ago? I'm so not impressed.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon