A bit OT: Customer Service Experience...

I have had reason to call customer services of a few companies for spares and the like recently, I have been surprised by the, well really good experiences in terms free of charge parts I have received...

  1. Ideal Standard. Phoned them for advice about moving 2 year old spaces toilet bowl forward a little as the cistern-pan adapter did not look long enough ... "no problem sir, we'll send you another FoC". They also sent a new set of brackets for the cistern after I admitted I lost the old ones, again FoC.

  1. Tomy. Bought an inflatable doughnut thingy for my 4 month old baby to sit in and promptly lost the receipt. Inflatable bit had a puncture from manufacture or storage. Toys-R-Us refused to touch it as we had no proof of purchase. Phoned Tomy helpline, "no problem here's a replacement FoC".

  2. Britax. The boy's getting bigger now and my mother had a couple of car seats used for my nieces (bought 3 years ago, cost new approx £220, hence eager to reuse), however, they are in good condition but polystyrene inserts are loose and one is a bit broken. Being safety conscious, I phoned Britax (who no longer manufacture these models), "no problem we'll send some new inserts out, take the old one out and refit with a double sided self adhesive tape", FoC again.

Anyone had any similar good experiences?

Suffice to say I'll be reaching for the phone a little more often...

BTW, I have no affiliation or vested interests in any of the above companies.

Alex

Reply to
AlexW

Rung Dyson to get a new hose for a DC04 after I broke the cuff by dropping a vice on it. Was expecting to have to pay, but they said it would be free of charge, even though I'd said it was clearly my fault.

Metabo sent me a new SDS chuck when the rubber nose perished on mine (probably due to using wrong grease). It was out of guarantee, but again, no charge.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Black and Decker... I overtightened the cast handle on my ancient Workmate (circa 1977 vintage) and it snapped off, and before consigning it to the skip I phoned B&D just on the offchance they still carried parts for my model. Yes they did; and what's more they sent it to me FOC!

David

Reply to
Lobster

AMK brake components. Blew the piston out of a new caliper through sheer stupiduty. AMK agreed to exchange with new and rebuild free of charge. Oh and Cliffords of Brighton for always giving service great with a smile.

Andy ( Just a satisfied customer also )

Reply to
Andy Pandy

I'll have to try that one, my plastic handled WM750? one has lost the sticky out bits off the handles and most of the rubber feet have fallen off. Cost for replacement parts amounted to 25-30 quid from one of the online retailers of B&D bits.

Reply to
Martin Evans

Last week I had a screen on a Creative Zen Portable Media Centre break while it was in a bag. Probably caused by something pushing against it. I emailed Creative to ask how to get it fixed. They said it was not covered by the warranty which I expected, however they would collect it and fix it for free. Which was nice.

Reply to
.

A few years ago I was given a "Marantz" Superscope CD-330 Professional Cassette Recorder (OK - it's a bit dated nowadays with digital recorders et al!).

I phoned Marantz about a handbook/service manual - the items ( and a few spare parts) arrived a couple of days later (totally foc).

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Charnwood. Brand new table saw fence FOC.

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

Still thinking about the t/s BTW...