Securing range hood ductwork to the wall?

I will be installing a 16' run of 3.25 x 10" galvanized duct work near the ceiling of my kitchen which will eventually be covered by a chase I will build around it.

I want to make the run secure and prevent any possible vent noise rattling when I use the range hood fan.

Does each section of stack have to be screwed together with machine screws or will the metal ducting tape suffice??

How is each 5' stack of ductwork secured to the plasterboard wall?? Thanks for your help!

Vic

Reply to
vic