can range hood ductwork use same type duct as a/c ductwork??

I am trying to install exhaust ducting for a new range hood. The mfg calls for 3.25 x 10 inch ductwork.

The only place I know to buy duct parts are the big box stores like Lowes. The longest length of 3.25 x 10 ductwork they sell is the 5' lengths for HVAC ductwork.

Can this HVAC duct material be used for range hood duct runs?

Is there a source I can get longer runs of this ducting.

Thanks for your help

Reply to
vic

get the 3.25 x10 x8" dia stackhead boot and then run 8" round duct.

might be helpful to know the cfm requirements for the hood, and oh by the way, where is your make-up air coming from, or do you intend on pulling MUA down the bathroom exhaust vents....hmmm so now the house is under a negative pressure because of the new range hood exhaust, and you're pulling in all kinds of dirty un-healthy air and debris because of the neg pressure situation....

Reply to
gofish

Yes

You are welcome