Looking for a range hood with an offset vent

Hello Netters,
We're about to remodel our kitchen, including installation of a vented range hood on an interior wall. The plan is to do an upward vent to the top of the cabinets, then to run through the cabinets to the exterior wall (approx 4 ft away). Since we're putting in 42 inch wall cabinets, the loss of the top few inches of cabinet space is no great loss to this short homeowner. However, I would like to retain as much use of the cabinet over the range as possible. The guy who's doing our cabinets suggested looking for a hood with a vent that isn't centered, but would sit on one side, so that half of the wall cabinet would remain useable, rather than having two smaller, narrow areas, one on each side of the ductwork. He says he's seen this, but I can't find a supplier for an updraft hood that does anything other than straight up the center, or out the back side.
Can someone point me in the right direction?
Many thanks!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file

Site Timeline

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.