Noisy Amana Air Command 90 furnace

I have an Amana Air Command 90 furnace, about 13 years old. ModelGUC/GUX (UPFLOW). There is a very loud buzzing or vibration soundcoming from (I believe) the vent blower motor, possibly from the rightside or lower right side of it as I face it. I'm thinking that Ishould replace the motor, but I'm wondering if it might be somethingelse. Otherwise, furnace seems to be working fine. Any thoughts or ideas?

-------------------------------------

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.hvac - 27440 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
ackermanj1

Bubba

Its broken.

Reply to
Steve

You got a bee in your bonnet?

Reply to
Jim Dandy

Replace any and all components till the sound disappears?

Reply to
KJPRO

It's hystaresis from the thermostat. Replace the stat and all will be well. You're welcome.

I am the real ftwhd and I approve this message.

Reply to
ftwhd

Based on your level of certainty, I can suggest that you might want to probably consider thinking about purchasing a part, to have on hand for when the part you think might be bad could fail.

That said, I'd suggest to you that you call a service company, and get a tech who has experience with these things. I sense that you're just guessing.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon