blower motor running backwards

I had to replace my blower motor in my comfortmaker electric furnace. Now my blower is running backards. Help!

-------------------------------------

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.hvac - 27752 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
maphilli

Turn it around.

Reply to
The King

Just turn the capacitor around. If that doesnt work, just yell real loudly, "Hey blower, turn around". Then say, "Bite Me". Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Perry had written this in response to

: You have the polarity wrong which means you didnt put the wires on it right. You have Hot and common backwards.

------------------------------------- maphilli wrote:

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.hvac - 27755 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
Perry

Hehehehehehehe....

Reply to
KJPRO

Evidently they mistakenly sold you a sucker instead of a blower, reversing the polarity will probably fix that. It's a Comfort Taker... often sold to suckers, (sometimes given at a discount to blowers)

geothermaljones

Reply to
geothermaljones

Call the tech who installed it. Needs rewiring.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

How many wires are there into the motor?

If there are just four then connect the capacitor accross the other two wires which are right now propably commoned up. Then common the two that were connected across the capacitor.

The capacitor must be in series with the highest resistance winding.

Reply to
Marc O'Brien - ACRTC

I can't believe you just posted what you typed above!!!!!

Reply to
KJPRO

replying to Bubba, HewhoiscalledJ wrote: Holy crap you guys.... You'll probably see black, red, blue, maybe yellow or brown and white wires leading from motor to primary circuit board. Then two brown wires to the capacitor. Now look for the two sets (4 wires) that should be sticking partly out of the motor... Likely different not matching colors... Then switch that pairing, or disconnect one wire and connect to the other and again with what's left... Those wires determine rotational direction. Boom!

Reply to
HewhoiscalledJ

replying to Bubba, HewhoiscalledJ wrote: Holy crap you guys.... You'll probably see black, red, blue, maybe yellow or brown and white wires leading from motor to primary circuit board. Then two brown wires to the capacitor. Now look for the two sets (4 wires) that should be sticking partly out of the motor... Likely different not matching colors... Then switch that pairing, or disconnect one wire and connect to the other and again with what's left... Those wires determine rotational direction. Boom!

Reply to
Tony944

Richard