Snapper Riding Moweer Problems

I have a 2003-4 Snapper rear engine riding mower. Recently, it has been having troubles. While cutting, it will just stop rolling in the forward gears. I have to push it with my foot to get it moving again. It seems to mostly happen when coming out of a turn or hit a slight incline.

Also another problem it has been experiencing is that the engine will sputter and kill unless I shake the gas tank.

Any suggestions on what I should look at?

Bradley

-------------------------------------

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 346298 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
bgbla

... A) Is it one w/ the friction plate drive? Out of adjustment clutch, worn drive tire, oil/grease on the plate, ...

B) Fuel contamination, dirt, corrosion, ...

Reply to
dpb

bgbla had written this in response to

: I believe it's the friction plate drive.

Bradley

------------------------------------- dpb wrote:

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 346310 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
bgbla

bgbla wrote: ...

It's been >20 yr since I had a Snapper, but iirc there's a sizable spring that is the "clutch". Seems like once upon a time a stick or something got up in there and kept it from fully contracting...

They're pretty simple--not much to go wrong.

--

Reply to
dpb

bgbla had written this in response to

: I bought a new Driven DISC (rubber tire attached) and Thrust washer.

How do I replace tm hem?

dpb wrote:

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 359866 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to