converting American Standard T-841 1316 heat pump T-Stat to Carrier branded T841A 1547 thermostat wiring

I have a Honeywell T-841A 1316 2-stage, non-programmable t-stat that went bad. I bought a Carrier branded T-841A 1547 t-stat thinking that it was the same thing I had but only with the Carrier name on it. That was not the case. My first T-stat has 9 terminals and 1 hole : X, L, W2, R, G,O, Y1, W1, E, B = blue, not used, white, red, green, black, yellow with metal jumper to W1, white wire from W2 terminal to E. B is not used.

The new "Carrier" labeled unit has 7 terminals and 3 holes without terminals: C, W2, R, E, G, O, Y. If someone has a crossover diagram, if a crossover is possible that would be great. If not, I will get another universal. Maybe this is what I get for choosing the $10 one that says Carrier rather than the Honeywell one for $39.

Reply to
dilbertcube

Maybe if you called a local tech?? nawww.... that will never happen, you would have to pay for the service call and then the correct stat for the system being installed with a warranty.

You never told us why your changing the stat in the first place... was the system not working?? BTW... you do know that electrical parts are not returnable.....

Reply to
Noon-Air