Thermostat with heat pump replacement wiring questions

I need to replace a old Smartstat 1100/1500 thermostat. I have the Honeywell 3611 model and I need to confirm the wiring before I continue. The Honeywell site does not list the Smartstat in its list.

The 1100 wiring is as follows in the instructions

Number Designation Color TB1-1 Transformer common X-2 Blue TB1-2 Transformer load X-1 Red TB1-3 Reversing Valve RV Orange TB1-4 Blower fan Fan Green TB1-5 2nd stage cooling C-2 Dk Blue TB1-6 1st stage cooling C-1 Yellow TB1-7 1st stage heating H-1 White TB1-8 2nd stage heating H-2 Brown TB1-9 3rd stage heating H-3 Black TB1-10 Fault Indicator Flt See Note

The wiring on the thermostat is as follows

Code Number Color

C 1 Blue R 2 Red O? 3 Orange G 4 Purple Empty 5 Empty Y1 6 Yellow- with short red wire in holes 6 and 7 W1 7 Red wire in holes 6 and 7 not from wall W2 8 White Empty 9 Empty Empty 10 Empty

Does anyone know if where I can get information on this model. Is 3 the O ? RV designation and the reasoning behind the red wire in holes

6 and 7

Thanks for any information

Reply to
trying-always

You may have some luck using their wiring documents based on the brand of the *system* you have rather than the old thermostat. Try this page on their site

for some wiring diagrams for popular system manufacturers.

-- Vinnie

Reply to
Vinnie Murdico