Back to checking everything.

Developing a working relationship with the parts house. Went in, bought some filters for a RTU a couple towns away. Get to the roof, filters are the wrong side. Pack it up, drive back, go back up on the roof.

Got to go back to checking everything.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Sucks when you got to learn the hard way.

Reply to
Steve

Hey, the parts house will RESPECT you now !!!!! You bought a couple of filters !

The wrong size filters ( sigh ) :-(

Reply to
.p.jm.

He's been 'learning' to replace filters for over ten years now.

Maybe he should take a hint.

I saw a guy I used to work with ~ 20 years ago back in HVAC a while ago - I was on a programming contract in the building. He was changing filters, which in his case was always his highest technical aspiration. Sad.

Reply to
.p.jm.

There is no money in changing filters, its a loss leader. The only reason I carry some filters on the truck is for the convieneince of my customers

Reply to
Steve

I know some guys here that filter changing is just about all they do. They have a huge customer base which is probably what makes money for them. Come to think of it, they might have gotten to duct cleaning and I think they were doing some exhaust hood cleaning. They used to call my friend GB when they had a customer with an AC problem. If I remember correctly, they install a custom frame and use the big rolls of filter material and cut to size. I know their cost per filter can't be much after the custom frame is installed.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Shit - right after Stormy spent 10 years almost learning how to do it all by himself, too.

Reply to
.p.jm.

Life is hard, its harder when your stupid - John Wayne

Reply to
Steve

And there's no fixin' it, either.

Reply to